Monday, November 10, 2008
The Unexpected
This is going to take a little bit of back story here...but it is worth telling! :-)

A little over 2 weeks things were going rough at work. I realized that I really wasn't where I was supposed to be. I immediately starting praying for guidance about what to do next. After a few days of prayer, I got an unexpected phone call from a private school that I used to teach at. They asked if I might be looking for a part time position because they needed someone to work in their afterschool program. Seeing it as an answer to prayer, I resigned from my job as a trainer by giving a 2 week notice. Friday was my last official day at Curves and today I am starting at the school.

This was a hard decision to make because my former boss offered me better pay, my choice of hours, and a managers position. I still felt like God was calling me to leave, so I did. You have no idea how many times I asked myself if I was doing the right thing...how could I turn down that awesome counter offer. God kept telling me it was time though...so I was obedient!

On Friday I had a message to call the principal at the school. I was nervous, but called her first thing this morning. I was so afraid that they no longer needed me, or something had come up. I spent the weekend worrying myself sick over it all. However, it was better than I could ever imagine. She offered me a full time teaching position starting in January. I am still going to take time to pray about it, but it looks like I will be a middle school English teacher come January! :-) I didn't know why God told me to leave the better offer, but I knew it was His will. He is SO faithful to bless us when we are obedient. He knew all along what would happen if I obeyed...He was just waiting for me to do it! God is so faithful to his children.

  posted at 12:29 PM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 1:59 PM, Blogger The Garner 5 said...

What great and Awesome news!!! Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter