Tuesday, December 05, 2006
The Last Night in the Morning Calm
It is 10:50 pm in Seoul Korea, the land of the Morning Calm and I can't bring myself to go to bed. It feels weird to go to sleep for the last time in Korea and I am just not ready for it! The bags are all packed, the van is loaded, outfits are out for tomorrow, the girls are in bed, and there is nothing else to do but I can't bring myself to go to bed. You see, usually when I make the long trip over the Big Pond I am running late and end up collapsing into bed just in time to get 3 or 4 hours of sleep! It feels so strange to be ready to go so early the night before! I just don't know what to do with myself.

We went out to dinner with a dear missionary friend tonight to a great little restaurant caled Suji's! It was a western style restaurant and I had the most delicious hamburger I have had in 2 years! The fellowship was sweet but sad because it was yet again another last! The drive home was equally as sad as I looked at the thousands of neon lights I couldn't help but remember how overwhelming they were that first night almost 4 years ago that we landed in Korea! I don't remember when they went from overwhelming to home but in 4 years they stopped being so overwhelming and became a sign that we were home! And so tonight, as we drove and I watched all the bright signs flashing by with all the Korean characters (that I can now read) I was sad to think that this was the LAST time (at least for a long time) that I would see them!

Now, as I sit here and watch the minutes pass by on my last night in Korea I realize just how much Korea and Koreans have stollen my heart and just how much I am going to miss living here among my people group! I thank God for calling me here and giving me a heart for the work here. I thank God for the growing I have done in Him in four years! I thank God for using me and pray that He continues to as we move on to another stage in life. I pray that He will draw the Koreans, my people, close to Him that they may know Him better! I pray that one day He will allow me to come back here, even if it is just for a short visit! I pray that I will never forget the past 4 years and all that HE has done!

So, it is getting later and as much as I do not want to go to bed for the last time in Korea, I know I will need sleep to make it through a LONG plane ride with a 7 year old and a 20 month old! I am off to bed...Goodnight Korea, the Land of the Morning Calm one last time...I will love you forever and miss you for always!

  posted at 7:47 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter