Saturday, April 14, 2007
Exhuastion
I had this typed up to post a few days ago, but when I was trying to post it wouldn't, so I just saved it to post later. It is a little late, but here you go:

I know I have been quiet for the last few days and I wanted to stop by and let you know that we are alive. I will probably be quiet for the next few days as well though. I knew this month was going to be busy, but I didn't realize HOW busy it was!

We are still trying to recover from the field trip, the planning meeting, Cali's Birthday, all the Easter festivities, and all the wonderful family visits (they all happened in a matter of 12 days with no pause). We had 3 days break to try to recover the house and ourselves. As we recover we are also preparing for the next round of craziness which officially started today. We are in the process of preparing 2 displays for the Associational WMU Meeting. We are going to be setting up a booth to let the wonderful WMU ladies know about our ministry with the International Students AND a booth letting them know all about Camp W. Carey (that we will be working at this summer). Today the girls and I drove all around town getting supplies for the boards and then a sweet friend/student came over tonight and worked with us on putting the first of the boards together. Tomorrow I have some more running around to do, the second board to put together, chopstick prayer reminders to write, AND a Korean snack (kimpap) to make for people to try. The meeting is this Saturday...talk about crunch time!

We are also getting ready for the induction of the charter members of the International Student Organization. I have been designing the invitations, getting them printed, and mailed today. Not to mention nailing down all of the final plans about location and time. It doesn't happen until the 21st, but I need to have all of the inivitations out and plans set in stone before this weekend so people can begin to RSVP. I am excited about this event, it shows just how far they have come in a short amount of time! YAY!!

As if all of that weren't enough we are also getting ready to present the missions chapel at the school on Monday. Clark and I are going to do it through drama, masked drama and interpretive movements. We are a little rusty and have been having to try to get in some practice time...you know in ALL that spare time we have, LOL!

You thought that was all we were doing didn't you? Oh, NO! We are also getting ready to represent William Carey University at the state wide WMU Conference on the 20th and 21st. Oh yes, you read the dates right...we will be wrapping up the WCU booth at the conference and loading up to make a 2 hour drive BACK home to arrive just in time for the Induction Ceremony for the International Student Organization. We love visiting with the ladies of WMU so we are looking forward to doing this...they have such a heart for missions, I just keep wondering why it all had to happen in a 10 day stretch of time!

Don't forget that all the normal work at the school and our homeschooling has to happen along with all of these extra's. SO, as the title of the blog expresses, exhaustion has overcome me and we are just beginning. I am SO tired. I know I don't normally end blogs like I used to end our prayer e-mails, but I am going to do that here. I ask that you pray for God to multiply the little sleep we are getting, to help us to manage our time well, and to do all of these events to glorify HIM! There is so much going on and we could easily get wrapped up in serving but forget the One we are serving. Please pray that we would keep our focus on HIM through each event! Pray that the exhuastion wouldn't overcome us and we would continue to have energy and excitement for what God is allowing us to be a part of. This is all about Him and not at all about us, pray that we would remember that! God is SO good to allow us to be here and to use us! May we be worthy to be used!

Thanks for letting me ramble through this post about all that is going on. Thanks for any prayers that you send up on our behalf and our students behalf! I hope you all have a blessed week!

  posted at 2:03 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter