Wednesday, April 04, 2007
My Baby is TWO!!
My Baby is TWO!!
Current mood: contemplative


WOW, can you believe that? It is still the April 4th here in America BUT Cali was born on the 5th in Korea and it is already the 5th in Korea...so technically Cali is already two!!

I have such mixed emotions concerning this birthday. It is SO amazing to watch her grow and change everyday. She has added a new word to her vocabulary EVERY day this week (Sunday it was "key", Monday it was "Papa" Tuesday it was "two" and today it was "slide"). She is developing her own little way of displaying "attitude", LOL! Anytime she gets mad at me she puckers her lips out and squints her nose, it is the cutest thing ever. She is coming out of her shell and isn't quite as shy as before. However, she is still a Mommy's girl if there ever was one. She will play happily on her own, with Sissy or with friends, but every 15 to 30 minutes she has to come and say "Hey Mom" to make sure I am still there...it is adorable! She follows her Big Sissy around and wants to do everything she does. She melts Daddy's heart with a squeal of delight when he gets home from work followed by hugs and kisses. She is so precious and perfect! God has truly blessed us and having the honor to watch her grow and change is amazing!

However, I hate to see the days pass so fast. Another birthday means another year has flown by way too fast and my baby isn't a baby anymore! My Toddler isn't a toddler anymore! We are entering the preschool days now! Even saying that just makes me want to ask where the time went. When I see her, I see that little blue baby who didn't cry at first. She was so fragile and helpless and it is hard to not see her the same way! I remember the first time I heard that precious cry that told me she was ok. I remember the firs time I held her close and kissed her forehead! I remember the joy on Misa's face the first time she saw her and I saw both of my girls together! I remember each detail of her face, hands, and feet. I remember the sweet baby smell! Oh, where did those days go? It is all too fresh in my mind to have been TWO long years ago!

Today, I watched her at gymnastics wait patiently as the other children took their turns. At home I watched her as she helped Papa and Sissy dye Easter Eggs like a BIG girl! Then I watched her leave me at church tonight to go play in her classroom all by herself. I also watched her tear off into the play zone at Chick-fil-a, keeping up with the big kids! She was half their size, but kept up with them! I watched her pick a fight with her Papa to get him to chase her when we got home. She ran circles around the house trying to escape his tickles and then finally collapsed in the floor in the living room and giggled the sweetest giggle ever while Papa tickled her! Then she was off again, this time to get Daddy to chase her. As I watched her I had to fight the tears as I realized how big my "baby" is getting! If I blink my eyes I think she will be 7 like Melisa (and don't get me started on how fast those 7 1/2 years went).

She is getting SO big, but she is still SO little. I see how fast the first two years have gone and have learned from them. I will treasure each and every moment because once they are gone you can't get them back! I will do my best to not get frustrated when she wants me to read the same book 100 times in a row or roll 200 balls of playdough for her. I will welcome her in my lap each and every time she wants to be held! I will eat up every moment that she is little because all too soon she will be a teenager who is embarassed of her Mom and Dad and I will be longing for just one more hug or one more cuddle. I will sieze each and every moment God gives me to be with my baby while she is little!

Right now, as I type she is laying in my lap sound asleep afer a hard day of playing. So, I am going to take the opportunity to seize this moment and enjoy just holding my big TWO year old while she sleeps!

HAPPY Birthday Cali Boo! I love you!!!!

(Her birthday party is this Saturday at our house from 2:30 to 4:30...anyone close enough to make it is invited....the more the merrier)!

  posted at 9:51 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter