Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Back To School!
Back to School!
Current mood: accomplished


We finally jumped in with both feet today and started back to school! Melisa is an official THIRD grader now! YIKES...how did that happen? We had an excellent first day back! We changed up our subject order a little this year to try and keep it fresh and new. We started off with Bible time...we kept that first because it is most important and the way we want to start our day off! Then we went into AM reading followed by language. Then we went straight into penmenship (wow that little girl can write beautifully) and then did arithmetic! After arithmetic I went to start lunch. While lunch was cooking I came back and we did science. We are digging a lot deeper this year into science than ever before. It was exciting to go over the nervous system and see Melisa really learning about the human body. Of course, she showed that she was still a third grader though, LOL! We were talking about the brain controlling the entire body...her heart beating, her lungs breathing and her stomach digesting. That of course lead to our little Miss. Smarty saying "That means my brain controlls my BOTTOM...you know what that means Mommy?" and then she fell on the ground laughing at herself! OH, I love 8 year olds! :-) After that lovely revelation it was time to take a break and eat some lunch. As soon as lunch was over we went right back to it and did PM reading, spelling, poetry and seatwork. We started at 10:30 and finished by 2:30 (with a lunch break in there). I hope we can keep up that quick pace!

Cali also started school this year. I am using Abeka's Preschool 2 books with her and letting her do a worksheet every day while Misa works. It was TOO cute watching her sit up at the table and do her page. Her page was on the number one and the color yellow. She colored a duck and we talked about the sound it makes. She suprised Mommy with her counting skills and her color recognition! I was impressed!

Because we finished school so early, I was able to work on updating the girls website. If you are interested in viewing it AND I know you or you have read and commented a good bit on my site write and let me know. The page is password protected for safety reasons. :-)

  posted at 10:57 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter