Monday, August 13, 2007
Annual Dr. Appointments
Well, once again I have been typing posts, but not getting on here to actually post them...this one was typed up on July 28th...OOPS!

With Clark out of town, I decided to make the girls annual check-ups. Cali had her 2 year old check-up and Melisa had her (dare I say it) 8 year old check up. They both did really well. Melisa went in first and she is 43 pounds and 47 5/8 inches tall. She is in the 5th percentile for weight and 10th percentile for height. She had to get blood work done and have her finger pricked. She freaked out a bit but once she realized it didn't hurt at all she ended up laughing at herself. It was cute. She also had an eye exam and she has 20/20 vission...YAY! She also had her first experience having to do the dreaded "pee in a cup" thing. The look on her face when I told her what she was going to do was priceless. Her eyes got WIDE and she said "WHY, WHAT DO THAT WANT THAT FOR??" It cracked me up! She checked out as healthy as could be!

Cali went next and she weighs in at 22 1/2 pounds and is 35 and some odd inches tall. She is at the 3rd percentile for weight and 50th for height. She had to have her last Hep A shot and is now good until she starts school...YAY!! The nurse and I held her and she thought we were pretty goofy. When she got stuck she flinched and then laughed. The nurse nick named her Little Miss. Toughy! I have NEVER seen a kid laugh after a shot. It was SO funny! She was proud of her bandaid and showed it to everyone we saw. What a nut! I must say I was SO glad that they both checked out so healthy and right on schedule!

At 3:00 in the afternoon we headed to the dentist for Melisa to have a work done. They painted some stuff on her adult molars to protect them from getting cavities in the long run. Then they pulled 3 teeth up top. The teeth weren't bad or anything but the big girl teeth that were trying to come through just couldn't. So, Misa got some "happy gas" and let me tell you, she WAS happy! LOL! She announced she was coming back to the dentist every day to get some of it. When it was all over and she felt how numb her lip was she broke down into tears then when she figured out what they had done (I didn't tell her because I didn't want her worked up and worried about pain) she was MAD at me. She wouldn't talk to me for an hour. But as the feeling came back in her mouth and she realized that she had THREE teeth for the tooth fairy, she got happy again and I got lots of cuddles! Don't tell her, but she looks like the cutest little beaver with only her two front teeth up front! All the teeth beside it are gone. It is as cute as she was with two missing front teeth.

So, we are all doctored out now. I am glad we were able to get them all done in one day though. Because, today, we are off to the ZOO! I am sure there will be pictures to come...just wish Daddy were here to enjoy it with us!

Hope everyone has a fun Saturday!

  posted at 4:12 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter