Monday, August 13, 2007
FL Fun
Here is another back-post. I typed this one up on August 9th! SORRY I have been so slack!

My blogging has been far and few inbetween recently! What has happened,? LOL! It seems like summer has turned our little world upside down and all I can do is try to keep up!

The girls and I flew into FL last Friday. As soon as we got here we loaded up the dive gear, dropped the girls off with my mom and headed out to Ft. Lauderdale. We got there at about midnight and hit the sack. Saturday morning we were up and ready to go. TJ (my lil' borther), MaryBeth (his wife), Dad and I enjoyed bagels at the local coffee shop and then hung out by the pool all morning. Then we enjoyed a relaxing lunch by the pool before we got on the dive boat and headed out.

We hit two sites Saturday. We dove a shipwreck and did a drift dive on a reef. Both were awesome dives. We had fun and saw a lot of cool coral and fish. My favorite was exploring the inside of the ship! It was absolutely beautiful. The water stayed warm and we got down to about 73 feet. The visability was great and we were able to see a lot. The second dive was a reef. We kind of got off course and aren't sure if we went on the same reef as everyone else, but we went down to about 83 feet and saw some awesome stuff. When we got back up in the boat we enjoyed the ride in with some fresh pineapple...YUM!

Saturday night TJ, MaryBeth and I enjoyed dinner at the hotel restaurant and then sat on the dock and visited until we were ready to go upstairs and crash. Dad was a saint. He headed half way back to Orlando to pick up Cali and Gavin (my nephew). It seems Cali didn't do so good with her very first night EVER away from me. That's right, Friday night was our first 24 hours away from each other in 2 years and 4 months! She was awake from midnight to 4 am crying! Poor baby! Papa got back with the little ones at about 10 and by 11 we were all sound asleep!

Sunday morning we all got up and ready to go by 7:00. MaryBeth took the little guys to the pool for the morning while Dad, TJ and I were on the boat and heading out again! We did two drift dives this time. Both were very similar. We went down about 78 to 84 feet both times. My favorite spotting was the sea turtle. We also saw a bunch of crabs (too bad we were about 3 days shy of crab season opening). The coral was amazing, the fish were cool, and the visibility was great! We really did have some awesome dives!! You can see some of the dives in my albums!

We drove home Sunday afternoon and was greeted by a very spoiled and pampered 8 year old! Mommom took Melisa shopping for school clothes AND to get her nails done. She had also been swimming every chance she got at moms, so she had some rosey red cheeks too! She truly looked like a little diva!

The fun didn't stop with the dives! Monday morning two of our long time friends (it was awesome getting to see you Kristy and Paula...you better not leave Hattiesburg without saying hey) and spent the afternoon at Wonder Works off from I-drive. It was 4 floors of fun! The girls played and learned and us adults played and visited...it was an awesome day! I will get some pics up when we get to MS!

Tuesday we spent at Mom's house. Gavin stayed home from daycare and I took all three kids swimming for the morning. It is always fun watching them play and giggle! After lunch we headed to my grandparents for a little visit. Then for dinner we met up with Dad, TJ, and MaryBeth for Roadhouse Grill...YUM!

We spent Wednesday recovering from all the going and just hung out at Papa's house. I don't know who needed a slow day more...me or the girls! But it was nice to not have anywhere to go or anything to do! Mommom did have lunch with us on her lunch break and I did manage to get the girls out of the house long enough to get haircuts for both of them! Cali can see again and maybe Melisa won't have so many tangles. We ordered pizza and Papa rented movies and we had a lazy night at home while we all rested and recovered from all the going we have been doing. I highly recommend "Open Season" and "The Guardian"! Both were GREAT movies!

Today is our last full day in FL and it is another lazy kind of day. We are going to drive out and meet up with Papa for lunch and then have dinner with some friends from WAY back in the day...LOL! (Donnelle, Chrissy, and Misty I can't wait to see you and catch up some)! Then we will head to Momoms and enjoy a little more time with them.

Tomorrow we are flying home! Why an exclamation point and so much excitement about the end of a vacation? You see we will land 20 minutes before DADDY (or Clark)! 16 days is far too long and we are all ready to be a complete family again! Tomorrow is truly going to be a HAPPY DAY!

Well, that is probably FAR too much information from our week in FL! I know you didn't really need all those details, but I write it down more for me than anyone else. SO, if you read this far and are bored stiff...SORRY! I hope everyone else is enjoying their last week or so of summer! I can't wait to see all the summer fun pictures!

  posted at 4:14 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter