Thursday, November 13, 2008
Bless It's Heart
This is a true Southern saying. :-) Anyone from the south is going to know RIGHT away what I mean by saying it. For those of you not from the south, I have a perfect story to help you understand.

I had to get my fingerprints done before I could start teaching. The school gave me the form and a list of places I could go in town to get them done. There was one particular store that would take them for me that was fairly close to my house. I headed there.

As I walked in I was greeted by two friendly ladies and helped right away. They pulled out the fingerprinting box to get started. I got sent back through a maze of a back room to wash my hands thoroughly. When I found my way back to the desk the girl who ended up helping me asked me to fill out the form. She immediately signed her name and showed me where to sign mine. However, something didn't seem right. She had signed her name on the blank that said "Individual having fingerprints taken" and was having me sign my name under "Official taking fingerprints." She was also insisting that I place my name and address under the box that said "employer's name and address." I questioned her and she tried for 5 minutes to convince me that I was the "official" and the "employer." I finally asked her, "You work here, are you the employer or the employee?" I got a deer in the headlights stare from her. She actually called someone else over to answer the question! When the other EMPLOYEE agreed with me, she said, "OH, I guess we need a new form then, huh?" She proceeded to get out a new form and ask ME where she should sign!

As I left there was only one thing I could say, "Bless It's Heart!"

  posted at 6:39 AM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

How funny. :) SInce I'm not from the South, I've never used this phrase, but I think it sounds so cute!
Blessings,
Joy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter