Friday, May 26, 2006
Day Two Of Diving
I am finally getting around to posting my log from my second day of diving Jeju with my Dad! On Wednesday, May 24th, we went out for a second day of diving! The weather was BEAUTIFUL! It was our warmest day this year! It got up to 73 degrees and the sun was shinning all day! A light breeze blew over the ocean, but not too bad at all!

We met at the dive shop at 9:45 because we still had our gear all together from Monday. We were at the boat by 10:15 and headed out to Seopseom Island (the same island we dove Monday). We got docked, went over the boat proceedures again (there were 3 men with us on this trip, a man from PA, a man from the UK, and a man named Yoshi from Japan). After a short introduction of the boat rules, dive procedures, and a talk through of the dive, we were ready to go. We all got geared up and did a back roll into the water from the side of the boat. We swam out for about 3 minutes and got to a sandy bottom. From there it dropped down to about 18 meters and we were able to see some beautiful soft coral, some sea slugs called nudi branches, an octopus sitting on her eggs, and another lion fish. The water was 17 degrees Celcius again but it didn't feel nearly as cold because it wasn't raining or windy when we got out of the boat. When I hit 50 bars of air pressure, we started to go up. At my decompression stop I didn't get all the air out of my BC and I popped up way too fast. It caused a slight nose bleed. Dad was pretty worried, but I didn't even know it until he told me. I was fine...no worries at all. I will make sure to deflate my BC as I am starting to go up...waiting until 5 meters under is too late!

Once back in the boat we enjoyed sitting in the sun and talking about all the amazing sea life we got to experience. We ate a light lunch of Kim Pap again and rested for about an hour and fifteen minutes. It was such a beautiful day!

The dive master, Ralf, decided to take us around the side of the island a little where there is a long reef. We got our wet suites and weight belts on then we got our gear all ready to go on the full tanks then the driver took us around to the reef. As we rounded the corner, we were greeted by the sight of 5 Haenya (diving women)! It was an awesome sight! We didn't have long to watch them, we geared up and went straight in. The boat backed off from the area a little and we headed down. This was our deepest dive....22.3 meters! We went down to a sandy area again, but this time we saw a rock with some soft coral on it. We headed of it and when we got to the other side, there was a straight drop! We headed down and saw some of the most beautiful soft coral. We saw different Sea Slugs or Nudi Branches every time we turned around. They were the most amazing colors...bright yellow, black and white, purple, orange and yellow! They were SO cool! They reminded me of what we always draw aliens pets as. We also saw 3 starfish, an orange lion fish (the others we had seen were black and white), some more beautiful soft coral, and lots of different smaller fish. At one point Dad sat still and a whole school of fish swam around him. They were literally bumping into him. He said it was amazing!

We stayed down about 38 to 40 minutes and then headed back up. We did a full 3 minute decompression stop at 5 meters and I made sure I was prepared for it this time. My nose was still sensitive and I got another slight nose bleed, but again, it was nothing bad. We came up and the boat had come to where we were by spotting the signal we had sent for it. We swam to the boat, passed up our weight belts and fins then climbed on up! It was an AWESOME dive! We ended on a high note for sure! A beautiful day with an amazing dive! We went away all smiles!

We headed back in and shared a cup of coffee/hot tea with the rest of the divers and chatted about all we saw. Dad bought us both a Jeju Dive T-shirt and new log books. Then Ralf gave us a drive home because Clark and the girls had the van for the day. Before we left, we found out that a new class is starting on June 6th! It looks like Dad is giving Clark lessons as an early birthday present and he will be joining the class! I can't wait to go diving with Clark! I am sure you will be getting lots more dive log posts! :-)

I have a lot of pictures to post, but I am on my old computer right now (Clark, Dad and the girls are watching a movie on my new one) and the new one has all the pictures on it. I will try to come back and post some of the cool pictures we got soon!

  posted at 6:33 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter