Sunday, May 07, 2006
Words
I am doing a study called A Wife After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George. Right now I am on a chapter talking about communication and communicating God's way. It has made me think about the way I talk! I am extremely sarcastic! I have some major changes that I need to make if I really want to glorify God in all I say! In her book there is a poem that I wanted to share with you:

Words
A careless word may kindle strife.
A cruel word may wreck a life.
A brutal word may smite and kill.
A gracious word may smooth the way.
A joyous word may light the day.
A timely word may lessen stress.
A loving word may heal and bless.
It makes me think.

What do my words do? Do my words encourage, lift up, heal, lessen stress, smooth the way, or bless? Or do my words kindle strife, smite, and kill? I want to be a woman after God's heart. I want to be a wife and a monther after God's heart. I need to have "radical surgery" as Elizabeth George puts it done on my mouth. Another line she said really hit me "Say what you mean, but don't say it meanly!" I am very outspoken these days and like to say what is on my mind. However, I can do that withour doing it meanly. My prayer is that God would perform a "radical surgery" on my mouth!

  posted at 2:04 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter