Monday, June 19, 2006
Farewell to a Friend
As I sit here at the computer I am still in a daze and disbelief. I am preparing to fly to Pusan, the city we used to live in, tomorrow morning. The baby and I will fly out while Clark and my big girl stay back at home to keep on keeping on with the ministry. Yesterday, I got an e-mail that was extremely hard to read. I found out that a dear friend of ours has only a few days left to live. Cancer has taken over her body and they do not know how much time she has left. She is an amazing woman...one of the strongest I have ever known. I have watched her battle cancer for the past 3 1/2 years and my heart is breaking over having to say good-bye.

Three and a half years ago we moved to Korea. Shortly after we moved here, we were introduced to Dr. Park. She is the pharmacist at the Baptist Hospital. She has prayed daily for the ministry God has called me to since that day! She has helped me translate more times than I can count! She has helped me get a Korean cell phone, helped me high party planners for festivals in the park, she has helped me do the simple and the complex. Never once has she complained or said no. She is a servant like none I have ever met! We have shared countless meals talking and visiting. We have laughed and cried together. She has given me advice and encouragement! Within weeks of knowing her I began calling her my "Korean Angel" and I can't think of any better way to desccribe her! She was an angel that God sent into my life.

She has been battling cancer for many years now. She has come in and out of remission. However, the cancer has spread quickly in the past few months and has taken over her body. There is nothing else the doctors know to do! When we talked to her she replied, in true form I might add "I feel there is much more work I can do for God and if he wants me to, He will heal me completely, I am still praying for it daily." So, today I am joining in with her prayers and praying that if God has something else for her to do that He would heal her completely. However, I know that if she has completed her work here on Earth for the Lord then she will have a glorious meeting with Him soon. Oh, the crown of jewels that will be placed on her head... I don't know if it will be sooner or later, but it will be a sight to see. She is truly a faithful servant of the Lord!

As I pack my bags to go my heart cries out to the Lord to let her stay longer. I know saying good-bye to her will be one of the hardest things I have ever done! Dr. Park will be missed greatly! No one will ever be able to replace my Korean Angel!

  posted at 6:38 AM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Death is not natural. The pain and loss we feel with death is a reminder that we were not created to die. Man was originally created to be eternal, but then Adam changed all that when he bit into that apple.

What a great and gracious God we serve who gave you such a very precious gift in your "Korean Angel." That loss will be immeasurable.

My prayers are with you tonight as you say goodbye. May God's presence and comfort be evident.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter