Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Motherhood
OK...here I go on another post. I am not sure if anyone reads my ramblings or not! If they do, I feel bad for all my grammar errors and spelling errors. If I do have any readers out there, I am sorry! Bear with me....it is late and I am exauhsted! However, God has laid the following ramblings on my heart, and I need to share!

Right now I am laying here between my girls in our homemade living room tent. Clark is gone on an overnight trip for the night, so the girls and I are having a camp out to make it a little more fun while Daddy is gone. As I stare at my two sleeping princesses, I am overwhelmed by how much I love them! I love them both more than words can describe! I love their sweet faces. I love their giggles and squeals. Nothing breaks my heart like their tears! I love their sweet arms around my neck and their little voices can melt my heart in a split second! I love listening to my oldest daughter tell stories and watch her draw and create art! I love watching my youngest daughter run all over the house squealing with delight that she has finally learned how to RUN! I love everything about my daughters...even the trouble that they get into!

As I think about how much I love them I also feel so unfit or inadequate to be their mother. Because of my love for them, I want them to have the very best and I fear that I am not the very best! I am not a great cook...in fact I am pretty bad at it! I feel that I am often selfish and petty. I am impatient and easily frustrated! I have come a LONG way over the years, but I have SO far left to go! When I think of all my faults, I wonder what kind of mother I make!

Then, it hits me that God chose for me to be the mother of these two girls. WOW, what an honor! It makes me want to strive to be the best. I know that I am powerless to be all that they need me to be, BUT in my weaknesses God is strong! Where I am not good enough, where I am not smart enough, where I am not strong enough....GOD IS! And that is all that matters!

But then, something else hits me. It isn't even about ME at all! How many times did I use the words "me" and "I" above? It isn't about me but it is ALL ABOUT HIM! All that matters is what HE is about! God created me! God created my girls! God created the Universe! He created it all to GLORIFY HIM!! So, as I strive to live my life Glorifying HIM in all I do and I teach my girls to Glorify HIM in all they do I am living out HIS will and I am being just the mother that HE has called me to be.

God is SO good! He is the center of it all and in HIM are ALL the answers!!

  posted at 8:38 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter