Friday, June 16, 2006
IRL vs. On-line
Today's post maybe very random, but it something that dh (dear husband) and I have been talking about....my in reality friends (face to face friends) and my on-line friends. I find myself go through cycles...I spend one week communicating with my IRL friends and don't spend much time reading blogs or chatting on the forums. Then the next week I will find myself not talking on the phone, going out to visit as many people, or sending e-mails to those I have known over the years, but rather chatting with all my new on-line friends. They are both just as real and just as important to me. But, I need to make sure I always keep the balance. What would it be like if I pushed all my IRL friends away and only had those on-line to turn to...no real arms to give me hugs and no real sounds of laughter? What would it be like if I needed non-biased advice or a listening ear at 1 am and I only had people that I was afraid to call because I would be waking them up...no (((HUGS))) and no LOL"s?

I love my IRL friends SO very much...many have been dear to me since college, highschool, or even before! I love my on-line friends, in the past year or two we have been through so much together and they could never be replaced by anyone! God has blessed me with some very special friends...many I have known for years now and others I have never met face to face! I feel SO blessed to have them each in my life. Now, I have a responsibility to nurture each of those relationships. If I let weeks go by...because sometimes it will happen...I need to make sure I check in and let my friends (IRL and on-line) know that I am still here and sorry for not being there. I need to make sure that I do not take either of the groups of friend for granted! I need to remember to balance between the two...nurturing each relationship as needed. Each and every friend is a blessing that I don't ever want to take for granted!

As I think about nuturing my relationship with friends, I also think about nuturing my relationship with the Lord! How often do I let a week go by without really sitting before my Lord and King? He is the BEST friend that I could ever have...do I treat Him like it? Do I really spend time nurturing and growing my relationship with Him, or do I take Him for granted knowing that He will always be there? He deserves to be the FIRST and HIGHEST priority of each and every day! He is my BEST friend and my Savior and I don't ever want to take Him for granted!

  posted at 3:52 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter