Wednesday, July 19, 2006
The Iron Core Way
I am starting a new work out circut in the morning. About 6 months ago my husband started training with kettlebells and got me interested. After about 2 months of him working out with them and seeing some pretty awesome results, I ended up ordering the DVD, From Russia with Tough Love. It taught me all the fundamentals of kettlebell traning for women, but didn't give me good guidance for putting together a routine. Well, we found another DVD called The Iron Core Way and it came in a box from the States today! There is volume one and two. Volume one has a 46 minute circuit and volume two has an intense 40 minute work out. SO, now I have no excuse and tomorrow I will begin training with my kettlebells. For the first week I am using an 18 pound bell with ciruit one, but hope to be up to 26 pounds next week when I have had a week to do good form with light weight. In 4 to 6 weeks I am going to tackle volume two...hopefully with the 26 pounder. If I get to the point that I can do that, I would LOVE to try to swing a 35 pounder! I will let you know how it goes!

I am looking to train with kettlebells Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I will continue to do body weight resistance training Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (I am doing the Fab Five from the book "Bony Scuplting Bodyweight Excercises for Women byt Eddie Baran). Sunday will be my day of rest. I am not looking to loose any more weight but to build strength, endurance, and muscle tone. It is always exciting to start a new training routine...I will post again soon to let you know how it is going!

By the way...I am getting there on the clutter battle in my bathroom. I have until the end of the week to finish (you will understand if you read my last blog). However, there has been a bit of a set back. I woke up this morning noticing that because of the humidity and heat mildew is showing up in all the corners of the apartment and all the books, movies and electronic equipment are in danger...so we have been doing damage control from moisture! UGH! But, the battle of clutter continues...we just took a small detour to battle the mildew too! I will keep you updated with my progress in that area too!

  posted at 7:21 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter