Friday, August 11, 2006
First Camping Trip in SEVEN years!
I am a few days late getting this posted, but I just HAD to post about it. After beach ministry last Tuesday, we decided to stay on the beach with the tourist for the night. SO, we loaded up the tent and cooler and roughed it for one night! Clark and I went camping all the time the first year we were married! Then, our first girl was born and we decided that camping with a baby was not to be desired. Seven years later, we decided to give it a shot after all!

We got the tent set up and then hit the ocean before the showers closed for the night. As we swam, we watched the sun set over the ocean! Oh, talk about beauty! How could anyone see that and not know that it was perfectly designed by our Father in Heaven is beyond me! The girls and I stopped playing and splashing and just watched as the sun went down. Even the baby seemed mezmerized by it!

We hit the showers and it took all I had to not laugh at my oldest girl and her first experience with public showers! Oh, it was GREAT! I don't think she knew what to do with a room full of Korean women showering! LOL! I think that was the fastest my little slow moving 7 year old has ever washed her hair!

Once we were all clean, it was back to the tent for some dinner. Korean style of course. We had curry rice on the beach! Sounds like a camping dinner to you right? LOL! But, it was yummy!

The girls are first class little campers! They did great, although we had the expected middle of the night bathroom runs (oh yes, more than one). They tracked sand all through the tent and all over the sheets, but hey...that's camping right? As we settled we realized that it was a bit too stuffy and sent Clark back out to take off the rain flap. With the rain flap off we could lay in the tent and gaze up at the night sky! The baby was asleep shortly after we were all settled and didn't wake up until well after sunrise! My oldest was determined to stay awake to see a shooting star. She didn't see one, but we had a great time of talking and giggling as we looked up at the amazing sky! We talked about how Great our God is. We giggled at the man in another tent that was snoring. Laughed until we cried as she made up stories of Mr. Bean (yes the, British comedian that she has found a love for). We jumped up and looked out the windows as the University Students down the beach set off fire works. I think she finally fell asleep around midnight. Clark and I stayed awake even longer talking about how blessed we are. God is SO good!

The sun woke us up at 6:00 but the girls slept in until almost 8:00! There is nothing like sitting out and watching the waves lap up on a perfectly quiet beach...especially in an overcrowded country like Korea. It is the first time in 4 years that it felt like we were somewhat secluded!

It was so wonderful, that next Tuesday (given it doesn't rain) we are planning on heading out again! I was trying to post some pictures of the trip but blogger isn't uploading them today...I will try to do some tomorrow!

  posted at 2:38 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter