Tuesday, August 01, 2006
God's Chickens
Let me start out by saying this is a TRUE story...This REALLY happened today! We were out working (beach ministry) at Hamdoek Beach. It was a BEAUTIFUL day! The sun was shining and the skies were clear! Ministry went well and then our family stayed after to see how long the crowd stayed around. So, we went out for a swim in the ocean. We were having a great time splashing with the girls when a woman came up to us speaking perfect English. We began talking and she was Korean Canadian and was very sweet. She is visiting family in Seoul for 6 weeks and made a special trip to Jeju. She is Presbyterian and very strong in her faith. She was excited to meet missionaries that were working on the island.

I know, I know...This story isn't sounding too strange yet...But it is about to get there! She began telling me a story of a Pastor from Seoul that is now living out in one of the country villages of Jeju. He moved into a village that has no Christian influence. He has made a commitment to stay until everyone in the village knows the Lord as their own personal Lord and Savior. He bought some land and moved out just telling people that he is new to farming, but wanted to learn. He did not want to come in telling people he was a farmer...He wanted to become one of them! For the first few years his crops failed. So, he prayed and searched the bible and God inspired him to build a CHICKEN COOP! He felt lead to build it very specifically. AND he was to raise the chickens "naturally". This pastor prepares all of the chicken food on his own and tastes it to make sure it is perfect. He built the chicken coops with individual stalls that have curtains so that there is privacy for laying eggs. He now raises more "natural" egg laying chickens than anyone else on the island. He still has meager accommodations compared to those he had back in Seoul, but he is able to support himself and another family with him income from these chickens. He is slowly beginning to be accepted into the village and as he is accepted, he is able to share!

This goes to show that there is NO business that God is not in...He is even in the Chicken business...Even if I don't understand it! However, if God ever gives me specific inspiration for a pig pen, a bird house, or any thing else...I want to be like Moses and the pastor in the village and be willing to do whatever God leads me to do! No matter how crazy it seems!

  posted at 6:33 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter