Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Doctors, Cell Phones, and Moes, OH MY!!!
I am one tired Momma tonight...we had a busy LONG day!! I woke up this morning leaving the girls in bed to sleep until they woke up. Boy did they sleep! I was able to get THREE weeks of school work planned out...it's the most productful I have felt in WEEKS!

When they finally woke up I had to rush to get them bathed, dressed and fed before we were out the door and on the way for doctors appointments! They went in at noon and we didn't leave until 3:00! Believe it or not, we didn't do a LOT of waiting...we were being seen by a nurse or the doctor almost the entire time. We got Melisa and Cali's medical records all transfered from the Korean papers to American papers! Then the doctor gave them both a full exam!

Melisa is a tad over 40 pouds and is 45 3/4 inches tall! She is hanging on between the 10th and 15th percentiles and looks VERY healthy! Her blood pressure was perfect as was her hearing, but we need to take her in to get her eyes checked ASAP! We discovered that Melisa never got her 5year old booster shots, so she had FOUR injections...poor baby! She was such a trouper though and didn't cry!

Cali is 21 3/ 4 pimds amd os 32 1/4 inches. She is following almost the exact same growth chart line that Melisa did! She is right there on the 10th percentile as well. Cali checked out perfect (though we need to get her to see a dentist soon) and had to get one shot. She was a brave little girl too, but she cried and cried when she got her shot...it broke Mommy's heart. We are taking her early tomorrow morning to get some blood work done...poor baby!

We celebrated a job well done at the doctors office with a trip to Steak N Shake for lunch...yes it was a LATE lunch. The girls LOVE it there and we don't let them have it often. After lunch we headed back home so Misa and I could do some school work while Daddy made some phone calls to try to find out about our crate (that is another blog another day). We worked for a few hours while Cali got in a late afternoon nap.

6:30 came and it was time to load up and head out again. This time we headed to the Cingular store. It seems my phone is dying on me and I couldn't do anything to save it. It was a hand me down phone, so it wasn't brand new or anything. Around New Years the front display screen went out and then 3 days ago the inside menu screen turned all blue. I couldn't see anything on it...my address book, my messages or anything...it was sad. So, we headed to the Cingular store to see if they could fix it. He took a look at it, saw there was no insurance left on it and said it would be cheaper to buy a new one than fix that one. I ended up with an LG phone that is adorable and has more features than I could EVER need! The bad news...I hadn't saved any of my phone numbers on my sim card (I didn't even know I HAD a sim card until today, much less that I should save my numbers to it)! Oh well, I needed something else to do right? I spent an hour tonight manually putting all my phone numbers (that I could find) in my new phone...GRRRRR! Good news is I finally got my voice mail set up...so you can go leave me a message now! :-) An hour and a half after we arrived, we finally left with the new phone in hand and ready to go.

Before I finish talking about our trip to Cingular I HAVE to mention the boy that was running wild in the store tonight. When we first walked in, I noticed him sitting quietly playing his game boy while his mom was phone shopping. He soon managed to get himself sprawled out in the middle of the floor playing his game. THEN he started rolling acroos the floor like a log while STILL playing his game. Then he got REALLY excited and started running circles and figure eights around the display area all the while not missing a beat on his game playing. Let me tell you I have NEVER seen such...it was very entertaining.

We then went out to dinner with my Mom and Stepdad (G-doug as we all call him). They introduced us to a FUN but UNHEALTHY restaurant...Moe's! The girls had a dish called Mini Me, I had a Housewrecker and Clark had a Lindy. They were all HUGE burritos! I could only eat half of mine...but boy was it YUMMY! If you have never tried it, you need to at least once...the names of the foods are worth the trip there!

Anyway, we finally made our way home at about 10:30. Clark is graciously giving the girls a bath while I finish adding phone numbers to my cell and blog for a minute. We need to get to bed soon, because we are driving to SC tomorrow morning...and I still haven't packed a single bag...OOPS...guess what I will be doing at 7 am?

Anyway...I hope you all had as much "fun" today as we did!

  posted at 10:40 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter