Friday, January 12, 2007
Memory Lane
***Warning, this is more of a blog for me to remember all the thoughts swirling around in my head tonight that anything else!***

WOW! Tonight was a walk down memory lane! In just about 1 month (Feb. 11) Clark and I will celebrate the 10the anniversary of when we started dating! Tonight we went out to dinner with his dad, stepmom, sister and her family. We ate at El Matadors, the Mexican restaurant that we went to at least 2 times a month if not weekly. While we ate we laughed at all the fun stories from the years past. Oh, the stories...oh, the memories! It has been quite the 10 years, and I wouldn't trade one minute of them!

I know this will embarrass him, but after taking that walk down memory lane, I just have to pause to say that I am more than blessed to be married to Clark. He is an amazing man, husband, father, and christian! He is my best friend and soul mate AND I am madly in love with him. In fact, I think I love him more today than I did when I first married him! He can make me laugh when nothing else can. He understands me even when I don't understand myself! He loves me, supports me and prays for me! He leads our family in making God the first priority in our lives. He is an amazing God-fearing man!

In the past 10 years we have had our share of disagreements but we have grown closer through each one. We have had rough years of trials and hardships but each one has made us stronger. We have had heart aches and saddness but each one has drawn us to our creator and to each other! We have also had our times of pure joy! We have had the honor and privelage of bringing 2 precious lives into this world! We have laughed until we cried at the silliest things. We have seen the world together and shared God's word as we went! We have shared many once in a life time adventures together and there is no one else I would rather share them with!

Anyway, back to tonight...the smells and tastes of El Matadors reminded me of our first dates. Then we drove by the first apartment complex we lived in...the apartment we brought Melisa home from the hospital to. We drove by the movie theater we went to on a group date when we were both too shy to admit we were interested in each other. We drove by the Denny's where Clark helped me study for MANY tests, listened to me cry away all my stresses and laugh away my frustrations from college life. We passed the Chinese restaurant that we ate many lunches together when Clark would show up at the college and I would skip an afternoon class (mom and dad, you didn't read that). We drove past the Kinkos where Clark stayed up with me to 3:00 am making 500 copies for one of my final education classes! We drove past the Applebees where Clark and I staged a HUGE fight just to embarrass some of our friends...we had the entire restaurant staring at us! We drove past the bowling alley where Clark was sure he could beat me but NEVER did! Then we drove by the ice skating rink where Clark took me on our first Valentines day...he also told me I was beautiful that night...it was the first time a boyfriend told me that and I really believed him. We drove by the football stadium that we cheered on our North Greenville Mounties together. We drove past the former Eastside Community Church...the first church we joined together! I remembered how Clark would pull off right down the road from the school just to pray with me before we started every date! I was reminded of the park in downtown Greenville that we would take long walks through that ended with warm spring day picnics! I remember Clark driving me back to the college after our dates and falling asleep listening to him attempting to sing with Charlie Peacock! I remember watching movies in his Uncle Johnny and Aunt Inez' basement! As you can tell, my mind was FLOODED with memories! The memories listed above are just a small fraction of all that are floating around in my head right now!

It is so hard to believe that it has been almost 10 years since all of this memory making together began! I pray that the next 10 years is just as amazing! I pray that I will always remember the details of the good times and remember our life lessons from the rough times! I pray that God continues to grow us and draw us closer to Him and closer to one another!

If you are still with me, I say thank you for putting up with all my ramblings...I hope I didn't bore you too much...and Clark, I hope I didn't embarrass you too much!

  posted at 11:22 PM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 7:19 AM, Blogger The Garner 5 said...

What a great BLOG entry. One of favorite things is to remember old times. sometimes I drive Jon crazy when I get in one of " Remember when" moods. Not sure how long you guys are going to be in SC, but if you have time to visit, please contact us. We would love to see you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter