Saturday, April 14, 2007
JUST What I Needed!
We survived the first of 4 big events and the next one doesn't seem SO overwheleming now that the first is over. This morning at 8 am we left the girls with a baby sitter and headed up to the school to meet up with the two students going to the conference. We got set up and our booth looked AWESOME. I was SO pleased. I took pictures and will post them when it stops raining long enough for me to make it out to the car and back in without my camera getting messed up. Anyway, it went really well. We got the word out about the new International Student Ministries that we have started AND we got the word out about Camp W. Carey. I think it was a success despite a smaller turn out than we were expecting because of the rain.

Speaking of the rain, it has been something else today. It was POURING all morning long and has been drizzling with more downpours every once in a while all afternoon. The lightning was popping everywhere and tornados were spotted all over town. The University looks like one big pond. At least a foot of standing water all over the place. One street in town has 3 feet of standing water! I knew the news was building this storm up, but I should have paid more attention, it was a BAD one!

Anyway, now that I have that random tangent out of the way, on to the title of my post. Last night as we finished up the display board and worked out the last of many other work related "emergencies" we were ready for bed. Clark noticed that my entire neck was broken out in a rash. I looked AWEFUL! It didn't itch or bother me at all, but it looked bad. We tried to figure out what could have caused it and the only thing we new to chalk it up to was stress. I can't believe I was SO stressed out by the activities of yesterday and all that is to come that I broke out in a rash.

Well, I put some lotion on it and crashed. I slept until the alarm clock went off and thankfully it was much better. It was still present but almost gone. The event went so well this morning that by the end of the conference/meeting I was finally relaxed and my rash was gone.

Now, onto JUST what I needed. Since it is raining and yucky outside and I cleaned the house yesterday. My only chore today was laundry while Clark worked on masks for the chapel. My LOVING husband told me to leave the laundry alone for a few hours and lay down. Cali saw me lay down, grabbed her pillow, asked "night night?" and curled up with me. We took a 2 1/2 hour nap together this afternoon. I woke up feeling like a new woman and am ready to face the pile of laundry and the next 3 events! God is SOOO good to give us JUST what we need, even if it is only a 2 1/2 hour nap.

  posted at 5:00 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter