Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Our Very Own Luau
OK...here is another back post...I wrote it a few days ago, but never got on to post it...SORRY!

August 26, 2007 - Sunday
Current mood: drained


It is a month late, but we FIINALLY had Melisa's birthday party! It really stinks to be so busy that a birthday party has to come a whole month after the fact...but we made up for that with the party we had today!

Last night we decorated and turned our house into a mini Hawaii! Complete with a Tiki Hut and all kinds of fun stuff! Today we cleaned and got the food ready. Once everyone arrived we had a blast! We visited, laughed, ate and played. We had to wait out a nasty thunderstorm, but it was well worth it. We blew up the waterslide, filled up the swimming pool and put on bathing suits. We played and played and played some more. The waterslide was a hit. I have never seen kids play so hard! Cali even got used to going down it and was having a blast! I think the adults had as much fun as the kids....just wait until you see the pictures....and once you see them I want to let you know that ALL this fun took place with no alcoholic beverages...LOL!

After all the water fun, we headed back in the house for cake and ice cream. I know Melisa has been 8 for a whole month but it really hit me how grown up my 'baby' is getting as we sang happy birthday to her and she blew out EIGHT candles! WOW, I can't believe how fast the time is flying! My baby is really growing up fast. In 8 more years we will be celebrating her sweet 16! I can't believe it!!!!

We ended the party with presents and let me tell you, that little girl got quite the loot! She got all kinds of highschool musical goodies and art supplies. Her big present from Mommy and Daddy was a strawberry shortcake TV! She is so excited to have her OWN TV! It won't get the sattelite hooked up to it, but it is going to have Daddy's PS2 hooked up to it and it will play DVD's. She was happy with that though, LOL!

It is 11:30 and the house if finally cleaned (for the most part) and the bed is calling my name. I will do some birthday party pictures tomorrow! :-)

  posted at 9:28 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter