Monday, August 21, 2006
1 Down, 169 to Go!
I am talking about days of school this year. My daughter and officially started back to homeschooling today. Our curriculum has 170 lessons this year. Our day went surprisingly well when all things are concidered. I can't believe I am sitting here posting about it rather than in bed getting rest so I can face tomorrow! LOL! But, I must say that with my sweet husband and both of my daughters sound asleep, the peace and quiet is a wonderful thing!

We woke up right on time this morning and it looked like all would go well. However 3 melt downs later we were running an hour late to start and STILL hadn't had breakfast! Oh, don't you love those mornings. My sweet husband said that he would finish preparing breakfast so I could get started. More later on why he was still around the house this fine morning. So we finally got our first day of school off to a start. The school day actually went REALLY well. I jumped right back into "teaching" mode and my second grader didn't miss a beat with her work either. Little Bit (my 16 month old) did not like this AT ALL! Her playmate...aka Big Sissy... was sitting up at a desk not paying her any attention. Her Mommy or second in line playmate was spending all her time talking or writing on that fun board and wouldn't share the markers! I can't tell you the number of meltdowns we had this morning from Little Bit trying to adjust to this new structure after 3 months of having almost none!

Well, if that wasn't enough, we had to add a trip to the ER into the day! Thank goodness it wasn't for either of the girls. I guess some back tracking is due here. Saturday we were holed up in the apartment waiting for a BIG typhoon to hit (that NEVER came). Dear husband was doing his morning work out when his arm popped. Within seconds there was a sharp pain shooting down his arm. His hand was numb. We were sure it was a pinched nerve. However, the Typhoon was coming and the hospital we are familar with is an hour away. I did get him worked in with a message therapist at the local Hyatt (we have friends there). This caused some relief, but by bed time it was hurting again. All day Sunday he tried to convience himself and I that he was getting better. When he woke up this morning barely able to move his arm or neck I knew it was time to get him to the ER. We called the office in Seoul to make sure he was allowed to go to the ER. They called around and found out that he should go to a private Orthapedic Clinic. SO, while the girls and I were working on our first day of second grade, Clark was off to the Clinic.

After a thorough examination and some x-rays it was determined that he has a herniated disk in his neck. They also discovered a place where he fractured his collar bone 10 years ago in a car accident (we knew he had dislocated his shoulder, but we had no idea of the fracture). Obviously the fracture didn't heal properly and when he slipped the disk the muscles around the fracture became inflamed. All this togther is causing the pain. He is now on 5 days of strong pain meds and will be going to physical therapy for 1 or 2 hours a day for the next 10 days! If after 10 days there are no resluts, he will fly to Seoul and see a doctor at the international clinic. We are praying it doesn't come to that!

So, between all the phone calls I made to find out how Clark was, the numerous door bells rings (comes with the territory of being a missionary), the phone calls from people wanting to know how Clark was doing, the melt downs from little bit, ballet class for Melisa, and all the other little distractions of the day....it is a MIRACLE that we finished our first day of school work. Now, I won't mention that we started at 10:00 am and didn't finish until 6 pm! BUT, we made it through day one and that HAS to count for something! My prayer is that today is not an indication of how all of second grade will be! If it is you might have to come get me out of hiding in my closet!

  posted at 8:15 AM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Melodee said...

That does count for something! Good for you! I think I might have given up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter