Sunday, August 13, 2006
Monday's Moments (2)
I can't believe a week has already past and I am here to post my special moment from last week. Yesterday, I had the honor and priveledge of participating in a baptism service! It is always a beautiful thing to see people come to the place that they want to show this outward symbol of all that God has done on the inside of them! It is even more beautiful when it is 9 people and they are all part of the people group that God has given you a heart and burden for!

One special soul that was baptized today was a man named Mr. Kim. He is well over 70 years old and my husband had the honor of helping to lead him to Christ. I have prayed for Mr. Kim and waited anxiously to hear the reports my husband would bring of him from the villages. To see him show the world that he knows he is dead in his sins but they are washed and he is reborn and made new in Christ was the most wonderful experience I had this week!

It was a beautiful day! We started out by attending church at a local Korean church and then we ate lunch with the small congregation. After lunch, we all loaded up in the vans and cars and drove out to a small strip of beach where we saw families off all sizes from the village swimming and splashing. The tide was coming in quick and the sun was shining bright so we settled and in got the service going. 2 middle aged men, 1 elderly woman, 1 elderly man and 4 young boys were baptized.

My oldest daughter, who was baptized this past May understood the excitment of it and stood at the shore and greeted each believer who came out of the water with a "Chook Oh Ham Nee Dah" (Congrats in Korean, a big smile, and a handshake or hug! It was SO sweet to watch her be excited for the new believers as well. God has given her an amazing heart!

I guess I have rambled enough, here are my Mondays Moments, 2 pictures of the elderly man, Mr. Kim who was baptized:






  posted at 11:26 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter