Monday, October 23, 2006
Eulalia Festival
Saturday morning we woke up early to head over to Jeju City. Clark had a class to teach at the University and I was going to a team members house to teach them to blog. Clark and I both finished up around 12:00 and headed to lunch. After lunch I was supposed to teach a second team member all about blogging but we heard about a festival going on so we met up with 3 other team members and headed that way to check it out.

We ended up having a fun time. The walk to get to the actual festival area was lined with rows of booths selling anything you could possibly want! There were booths to buy food, drinks, hats, bags, clothes, socks, toys, and lots more! We enjoyed shopping as we walked. It took about 30 minutes just to make it from the van to the actual festival.

The festival had face painting, a moon walk for the kids, a place to learn to dye scarves with the Eulalia plant, a place to try a hand at flower arranging, and lots of other fun things. Bugs favorite was a horse drawn buggy covered in silk flowers. We stood in line and waited for about 15 minutes and when our turn finally came and Bug looked at me with those beautiful blue eyes and said "This is a DREAM come true...riding in a white buggy all covered in flowers." It was just too sweet!

We also saw a live perfomance about beggars. The cast performing are quite popular and we hear them most mornings on the radia doing a show. They were funny but LOUD! Bean didn't like it too much, so we didn't stick around for too long.

For those interested, the Eulalia is a plant/weed that grows all over Mt. Halla (which is a large part of the island). The fields of them are absolutely beautiful they look like seas of silver and gold rolling waves when the Jeju wind gets them. The Jeju people have done an amazing job of learning how to use them in a productive manner as well.

It was a fun day out. Unfortunately, we took so long playing at the festival I didn't start my second blogging lesson until 5:00 and we didn't get home until after 9:00. It made for a long day and we had 2 pooped little girls on our hands!

In true form, I took some pictures and thought I would share...ENJOY!
























































  posted at 1:35 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter