Sunday, October 08, 2006
Jeju International Festival
On Saturday (10/7/06) our team of missionaries ran a booth at the International Festival in Jeju City. It was a festival where people who live on Jeju set up booths to teach everyone about their home country and culture. It was FULL of yummy food, lots of games to play, amazing traditional wear, and lots of other cultural information from all over the world. I had no idea that so many countries were represented on our little island of Jeju. Of course there was an American booth but there were also booths from Nepal, Mongolia, Pakistan, Thailand, Philippines, Russia, China, Japan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, and Indonesia. There were also booths run by Koreans. There was a booth taking pictures of people, a booth doing face painting, another where you could dress in traditional Korean wedding clothes, and so much more. The girls loved the free cotton candy and the moon walk. Bug also loved the Chinese booth because they had a fun game similar to hacky sacks that she spent the afternoon trying to master. Clark and I enjoyed the special area where you could get samples of food from all the countries represented. At the end of the day there was a fashion show and talent show that showcased clothes, dances, music, and martial arts from many different lands.

We spent all last week getting things ready for our booth. We decorated our tent with maps of America, American flags, and all kinds of info on America. We also had patriotic music playing and my computer running a slide show of famous American landmarks. There was a table full of American landmark coloring pages to entertain the kids and coffee, tea, and hot chocolate for the adults. Not to mention mini snickers for everyone who came to visit us. :-) The first 200 visitors to our tent got gift bags with lotion, a hand towel, a pen, an English/Korean bible and some other goodies. Then, we had a raffle drawing at the end of the day to give away a few prizes. It was an awesome opportunity to be representatives of our country AND to let them know why we are here. We had over 300 visitors to our booth and I know that God's word was spread in an amazing way! How awesome is that!

We also got a fun surprise over at the picture booth. I was walking with the girls when the students running the booth stopped me to take the girls pictures. They started asking where I was from and where I lived. After they found out I lived in Seogwipo, had 2 daughters, was a missionary, and homeschooled they asked do you now Missionary Clark? I informed them that he was my Nam Pyon (husband) and they all started clapping and saying "CCC, CCC". Come to find out that all of Clark's Campus Crusade for Christ students were running the booth. He teaches this class on Fridays when I am homeschooling and I have never been able to meet the students. They were SO excited to finally meet the girls and I. I told them to wait a minute and went to find Clark for them. We came back and had a GREAT visit. They took a family picture of us and it turned out really well! As we were leaving them, we ran into another group of students that Clark teaches. They came and hung out at our booth the rest of the afternoon. It was SO much fun to get to spend extra time with all of Clark's students. It really turned out to be an great day!

You know me...there can't be a post about something that has happened without pictures...so here you go!




















































































  posted at 9:45 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter