Thursday, October 19, 2006
My Adventures in Baby Sitting
Well, this morning started a new adventure for me that was quite sudden. 3 days ago Clark went and did our weekly grocery shopping and met a new westerner. You may or may not know this, but when people meet my husband, he brings something out in them that makes them feel comfortable enough to share their life story. This was no exception...in fact, she also told of her friends life story and begged for our phone number to see if I would be willing to lend a helping hand.

The next night I recieved a phone call from the friend. It seems she came to live and teach in Jeju on the promise of a very good deal that has not turned out to be so good after all. She is a single mom and her son is really getting the raw end of the deal. He is a 3 year old little cutie. I let her know that we would be moving soon, but I would be willing to lend a helping hand however I can.

Last night I got another phone call from her. It seems things got a lot worse in a matter of one day and she asked if I would be willing to baby sit for her the rest of this week and then see about finding someone else and keeping him until we move or she finds someone else. I seem to have a problem saying no to one in need and I now have a little 3 year old boy added to the mix of my crazy day. I thought homeschooling with a toddler was rough, you should see what my morning has looked like with a 2nd grader, a toddler, AND a preschooler! Oh the fun!

It really hasn't been that bad. C is a delight and plays very well. I am happy to say that Bean is getting some good play time in with other little kids...something she hasn't had before. She is having her first lessons in sharing and communicating with other little ones. It has been a lot of fun to watch. She LOVES to copy him...I don't know if that is all good though! LOL!

Our biggest adventure of the morning was the ball pit incident. You see they were happily bouncing and playing when all of a sudden I heard sputtering and turned to see my new little charge sputtering blood every where! It seems he got a bloody nose. We rushed him and Bean who was also right there in the ball pit and got them cleaned and the bleeding stopped. Then we dumped the balls in the bath tub and they are soaking in bleach and a load of laundry (from blood stained clothes) is running now as well.

I have also now secured all of my glass candle holders, my picture frames and my nic-nacks from the places in Asia we have visited. I have put up all the exercise equipment, my camera case, the video camera, the play station 2, and anything else that little fingers would like to find. I had no idea how un-preschool proof my house really was. I guess we trained Bean early on not to play with those things. But, it seems in about 30 minutes all of these items can be spotted and removed to totally preschool proof the house! LOL!

We have played with action figures (3 times), balls (2 times), watched Scooby Doo Kids, played with legos, had a snack, had the nose incident and all kinds of other stuff that I cannot recall at this time and we have only been going for 2 hours ! Lunch is coming up soon and then movie time and NAP time! YAY!!! I think I am going to be ready for bed by the end of the day.

I am sure that my new adveture is sure to bring LOTS of fun blogging moments. Please pray that as I do this, I would be able to share God's love with him and his mom!

  posted at 5:34 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter