Tuesday, October 10, 2006
My Menisci
No, it isn't some strange Korean word. It is the part of my knee that I have injured! :-)

I went in to the doctor today to get my knees checked out. We went to the same doctor that we used when Clark herniated the disc in his neck. He is a great doctor who speaks great English. He asked me a few questions, watched me move, then examined my leg and immediately had a feeling it was my menisci (the cartilage that acts as the cushion between my femur and tibia). He sent me back for x-rays to make sure I didn't have any bone damage and when that came back clear he was pretty certain I was dealing wtih a meniscus injury. He said that to be 100 percent sure he would have to send me in for an MRI at the local hospital or I could start physcial therapy and see how I react to it. I am moving around enough that he knows it won't require any surgery to fix...YAY!!!

I, of course, chose physical therapy. It looks like the Orthopedic Clinic is going to be my new home away from home. I will be going for at least the next 7 days and possibly 11. I had my first round of treatment today. WOW, it felt amazing. I had electro shcok therapy, heat applied, an ultrasound massage, and a hand massage. Then I was taped up and sent home until tomorrow afternoon. It was a very peaceful 30 minutes and I think I am going to enjoy it for the next week or two...LOL!

The doctor gave me 3 days of meds. I have some anti-inflamatory stuff and some pain stuff. I also have some medicated pads to put on my knee every 4 hours. I also have some strength building exercises to work on at home. Oh, I feel like I am getting old WAY before my time! I shouldn't be having knee injuries at 28 years of age! I will be sure to keep you updated on how my recovery goes!

  posted at 6:19 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter