Tuesday, February 06, 2007
What I've Missed
Yesterday and today I have discovered the joy of living in an actual HOUSE with a backyard! I didn't realize how much I missed it until we got here and settled into our house!

You see, we finished schooling up by 3:30 yesterday which gave us plenty of outside play time before Daddy got home from work and we started getting dinner ready! I got out the gloves and softballs, the red wagon, and all that good stuff! We ran and played! We laughed and giggled! We had the best time for an hour and a half! The girls climbed the tree in the yard. Cali learned to hit a ball of the tee. Melisa and I threw the ball (and she is going to have quite the arm I must say)! It was awesome.

Today we got up and finished math and writing before lunch with time to spare. The sun was shinning and it was a beautiful day. Melisa begged for a picnic and since the morning had gone so well, I couldn't say no. We gathered lunch, grabbed a blanket and headed out to the back yard. It was BEAUTIFUL! The sun was shinning, there was a soft breeze...it felt like a spring day! We ate lunch and cleaned up but it was still SO beautiful that I didn't have the heart to go back inside. So, we ran in, grabbed the school books and finished our day of school out on a blanket in the backyard! It is moments like those that remind me of why I want to homeschool! We had the best afternoon in the backyard schooling and playing! Daddy surprised us and came home an hour early beacuse he finished at the insurance fair and was told he could head home! What a nice surprise. Needless to say, it has been an awesome day!

In Korea it took planning to pack up and have a picnic. We had to plan carefully to get time outside to play. We had to make sure we had everything we might need before we would head out. We couldn't just go without planning it. I have SO missed having a yard to just step out into and play! It has shown me what a blessing it is to be where we are. Seeing the girls faces playing outside in our own yard is priceless! I know we have our own set of problems here that we didn't have in Korea, but today, I am very happy to be here, where God has called us for this time! Here are some pictures from yesterday and today!

****CLICK ON IMAGE TO MAKE IT BIGGER****





























  posted at 5:04 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter