Monday, April 16, 2007
Chapel, Cleaning, and Comedians
Event number two, CHAPEL is over! It went really well and we were even asked to do TWO chapels next school year. :-) I don't know that I really want to do two next year, but it was an honor to be asked. We opened chapel with the schools ensamble, Carpenters Wood and then let two of our international students play a piece together. They are twins from China and they did an AMAZING job. It was beautiful. Then we had the BSU director come up and introduce all the summer missionaries and pray over them. Then Clark and I did a few dramatic pieces about missions. It has been a LOONG time since we have performed sketches (we were only able to do interpretive movements in Korea because of the language difference). Even if I do say so myself, we weren't too shabby after a four year break from performing. I think it gave us both the performing itch again, LOL.

After chapel, we visited with some of the students and then Clark drove us home. After the crazy week/weekend we had just come out of a house in desperate need of cleaning and a HUGE pile of laundry awaited me today. I am a neat freak and the house has been driving me nuts! It was good to get it clean, but a sinus headache followed stirring up all that dust! YUCK! I am ready for some medicine and bed now. I am not quite finished with the laundry or the cleaning, but I am almost out of the stage the Fly Lady calls CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrom). I hate when my house gets that bad...but in the craziness of late nights and early mornings preparing for special events and having people in and out of the house just brought it on this time. I don't let it get this bad often, but I think it probably happens to everyone once in a while. By this time tomorrow you can be sure the house will be back in it's normal, please stop by anytime, stage! :-)

As I cleaned and Melisa did her school work I couldn't take my eyes off the news and the tragedy in VA. My heart goes out to the families who are suffering such loss. Working on a University campus daily really makes this hit home. As I have been cleaning I have been praying for the students, their parents, and the staff/faculty of the school. It is such a tragedy to have so many young lives lost! They are just beginning to step out from under the shelter of their parents wings to fly on their own and now their lives are gone. It brings tears to my eyes each time I think about it. Please take a minute to say a prayer for all of those affected by this tragic event.

Now, let me go from that sad moment to the comedy that has reigned in our house this evening. Misa and Cali have been FULL of it all afternoon. I think they could tell that I was down and they stepped it up a notch to make Mommy laugh. As I was changing laundy over, the snuck in and got one of my shirts and one of Clark's shirts. I knew it was way to quiet as I heard Melisa whispering to Cali. They came out arm in arm in our clothes pretending to be us. Melisa was Clark and Cali was me. In a deep voice Melisa announced "HONEEEYY, I am going to work today, give me a kiss goodbye" and the she kissed Cali on the cheek. Cali just followed along giggling and doing what ever Melisa told her too. They must have put on a 10 or 15 minute show for me! It was the funniest thing I have seen in a LONG time.

If that weren't enough, my little comedian struck in her school work too. As I was grading her math book I looked where I had written "AWESOME" on one of her papers last week. Under my "AWESOME," Melisa had added "Thanks Mom, I already knew I was Awesome!" That little STINKER! Then on her writing assignment she was supposed to write about what she would see on the drive home from church. Here is what her paper said "On the way home from church I see the restaurant Applebees. I also pass my favorite restaurant Raisin Canes. We also see many cars. Once I get home I got out side and DECK THE HALLS WITH BELLS OF HOLLY, FA LA LA LA LA!" She is such a NUT...you gotta love second grade humor!

Cali had to get in on the action too. When Clark got home from work he brought me a special treat, some Sams Indulgent Trail Mix...my favorite. I got a little bowl of it and Cali climbed up in my lap t share it. I would get a hand full out and before I could start eating it she would start picking at it. She would pick out one thing she didn't like and put it in my mouth and then find something she did like and put it in her own mouth, then I would get something else she didn't like and she would get something she did like. It was hilarious! At least she was sharing, right? I almost choked on it because I was laughing so hard.

So, there you have it, my day was filled with chapel, cleaning, and comedians. Gotta love it!

  posted at 6:20 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter