Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Worth a Read
I know I have been quiet this week. It has been rather hectic. We are getting really busy with our students and wouldn't have it any other way. Last night at 8:30 we headed to New Orleans taking one of our students to the airport. We got home at about 1 am. Today the girls and I took Clark into work and then went to Cali's gym class. Then we were back up at the school to pick Clark up. He ended up staying home and being "homeschool teacher" while I drove 2 of our students to Baton Rouge. It was a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive one way (so we were gone for about 10 hours today). I had a great time visiting with them and getting to know them. I just LOVE our students...but I don't know if I can keep up with their late hours, LOL! Tomorrow should be kind of slow, but Friday we head out of town for an overnight trip and then rush back Saturday to catch the end of our ISO Induction ceremony!

Anyway, while I have been busy and not had time to say much of anything my husband wrote a blog that is worth a read. You should go read it on his MySpace or facebook. BUT if you can't get over to his I wanted to make sure you could read it, so I am copying it here! ENJOY, but don't forget to go and leave Clark some love on his page for writing such a great piece!

AS WE GRIEVE

by Clark Mason

We, my family and I spent 4 years of our lives in South Korea. My oldest daughter, so far, has lived most of her life in Korea. My younger daugher was born there. As we've been following the news of Monday's tragedy, we've been in disbelief that the gunman was Korean. As that news came out, Michelle and I had the same reaction: That is so un-Korean. I've spoken with a number of Korean friends, mostly through E-mail, and they are all terribly broken up over the fact that the shooter was one of their own. Watching the ticker at the bottom of one of our news channels this morning, it came across that top officials worry about a backlash against the Korean community. As we mourn those taken and pray for those left behind and surviving, I want to take a moment to say that Cho Seung-Hui was very un-Korean in this. This act and the nature he apparently displayed, is not representative of the Korean community. Some of our dearest friends we found while in Korea.

We found that once a Korean lets you in thier life, you're there for good. You have friend for life. They are outgoing, loving friendly and generally amazing and beautful people. We love Korea and Koreans. I don't want to take attention away from our grieving or our prayers at all. I just wanted to take a moment to say don't let there be a backlash. Don't let this one person speak for Korea or Koreans. Please remember that anyone from anygroup of people could have done this. As we mourn and pray, please mention those Koreans who are shocked and horrified over what they've seen.

  posted at 9:54 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter