Monday, May 28, 2007
A Day Off, Together, REALLY?
YES!!! For the first time in over TWO months Clark and I had a day off work together! Yes, I know we work at the same place and share a job title, but we have been working and going NON-stop for the past two + months. Our conversations have been had in the car running from one place to another or as we wwere half asleep at night. But today, today was DIFFERENT! We had the whole day off TOGETHER! We spent the morning doing all kinds of things that we have been meaning to do but didn't have the time. We reorganized the storage house in the yard. We hung the last of the pictures on the wall. We assembled our new shelves (that we got for free), put the new shelves in the back room, and unpacked about 10 boxes of books putting them on the shelves (I won't mention the 10 or so left...ugh). We enjoyed a yummy breakfast sitting down together. Yes, we did ALL of this is the MORNING. It is amazing how much we can do it one morning when we are together!

Around noon, we headed out to turn in the rental car from Clark's trip last week and then headed straight back home for some BIG time fun! Oh yeah, we broke out the new water slide! Talk about FUN! We had a blast!! Clark, Melisa and I had a blast going up and down the slide. Cali LOVED climbing up and went down a few times, but she liked climbing most of all. She also loved sitting in the pool at the base of the slide and getting splashed by our sliding. We must have played on the slide for an hour and a half! It was SOOOO much fun! I have a tons of pictures, but need to charge my battery before I can load the pics.

We are a picnic lunch out in the backyard and enjoyed a relaxing afternoon. The girls played and Clark and I sat in the backyard and talked. Did you hear that? Clark and I actually got to sit side by side in the back yard and talk! We weren't passing off the torch of watching the girls, we weren't on the run, we were just sitting in the backyard relaxing. I know this sounds silly, but we have not once sat in the backyard together and talked while the girls played since we moved here back in January! It was SOOOO nice! I love my husband and I love spending time with him. I wished that moment could have lasted forever.

As the afternoon started to wind down, we got a great idea. Two of our Chinese students are still on campus for the summer, so we called them and invited them over for dinner. A friend of theirs (and now ours) came along too. We did hamburgers and hotdogs. We taught them what Memorial Day meant. We learned about their version of Memorial Day. We watched Cinderella III. They cooked dumplings (very similar to Korean Mondu) for us to go along with the meal and it was delicious! They wanted to look at our wedding pictures and kept telling us our wedding was "romantic". I know you are saying, but that is work, you brought students over...but it didn't feel like work. It felt like sharing our Holiday with "family". It was a special treat that they were able to share with us! I took them back to campus at about 10:30 and by the time I got home Clark had the girls all ready for bed. I am not far behind them.

Today was an awesome day of family fun! It was SOOO nice! I hope yours was great too!

  posted at 10:33 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter