Monday, May 21, 2007
Faith Like a Child
Today as I watched Cali, my 2 year old, I got a lesson from God. He commands us to have "faith like a child" but do we really know what that means? Well, Cali showed me today exactly what it means.

I have two trays that I let the girls eat breakfast and lunch on rather than loading them up at the table like at dinner. I usually sit down at the trays with them. Well, this morning I got them out in preparation to go fix breakfast. Cali came out and she saw the trays sitting out. She sat down at her tray and waited. She didn't ask if I was fixing breakfast, she didn't come to check to make sure I was making breakfast, she didn' t yell for me or cry because she was waiting. She simply knew that the trays meant breakfast and that meant I was bringing it. She had faith in me to provide for her needs. She didn't question, she didn't worry, she just knew!

A few hours later we headed out to run some errands. Cali's carseat is behind the passengers seat and Melisa's is behind the drivers seat. I told Cali to go to her side and wait. I then made sure Melisa was buckled in, put my purse up front, started the car, and made sure I had the bills we were going to mail, the paper we were going to fax, and all that good stuff. When I finally made it around to Cali's door to let her in, there she was squating and playing with whatever it was she could to find. The car starting and me taking a few minutes longer than usual didn't make her question, she just trusted me! She knew I would not leave without strapping her in her seat! She didn't need to ask me what was taking me so long or question what I was doing, she just waited on me!

Finally, our last errand for the afternoon was stopping by the school to drop off an invoice at the financial office. As we drove onto campus, Cali immediately recognized where we were and clapped her hands and said "YAY, Daddy! HIIII Daddy!" She has been asking for Daddy and all I knew to tell her was that he was at work. Well, we were at Daddy's work, so he should be there. She trusted that I said he was at work, we were at work, he should be there. Unfortunately, he is at a training session all week in GA. He wasn't at the school, but how do you explain that to a 2 year old. I just told her Daddy was working somewhere else today and she immediately cried. She trusted he would be there because I said he was working!

I want to be like Cali. I want to trust my Heavenly Father without question. I don't want to stomp my feet and ask why when I have to wait. I don't want to be impatient. I want to learn to wait on Him and trust that He will take care of me no matter what! The awesome thing is that he will never dissapoint me like I dissapointed Cali today! He will never let me down or be working somewhere else! He is AWLAYS there!

It is amazing what we can learn by watching a child and then striving to be like them!

  posted at 2:54 PM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Mishel said...

What an awesome post Michelle! I learned something from little Cali! : ) (I hope she's feeling better.) It's amazing how the Lord uses our children to teach us spiritual truths. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter