Saturday, May 19, 2007
Sleeping, Sand, Sam's, Shrek, and Swinging!
We had another fun Saturday as a family! We started the day out by sleeping in, it was SOOOOO nice! We have not slept in like that in AGES! As the girls woke up and Chin wandered in we had the whole family cuddling in our bed. We talked and tickled and didn't climb out to start breakfast until 9:30! After breakfast we let the girls play in the backyard. We put some fresh sand in the sand table and they had a blast. Poor Chin Goo got sand dumped all over her, LOL. We also played with bubbles. Cali can blow bubbles now and everytime she does it is met with a shreek and a giggle! It is GREAT! Chin Goo chases bubbles and eats them and cracks us up!

When the girls were finally ready to head back in the house we ate a quick lunch and headed out to the movie theater. Unfortunately, they were sold out until 3:45 so we headed to Sam's Club. We joined through the University but never had a chance to go get our cards and shop. We still didn't buy anything, but it was fun to FINALLY get our cards and walk around. I think we are going to start shopping there once a month for the things we use regularly.

We headed back to the movie theater at about 3:30 to see Shrek the Third and it was GREAT! The best part was the live donkey that the movie theater brought in for the opening! Cali cried when it was time to go see the movie! The girls got to pet AND feed the donkey! I didn't have my good camera, but I took some pictures with the camera phone...I just don't know how to get pictures from the phone to the computer...grrrr. Anyway, the movie really was good. The girls giggled and Melisa is still talking about it.

We got home and ate a quick dinner of sticky rice and fried egg with some fruit...could we get much more Korean? Then we got a phone call from our neighbors who were heading down to a new outdoor gym in town and wanted us to go. It is about 5 minutes from our house and is great. There is a quater of a mile track to walk on with an extra extension to make it 1/3 of a mile. Along the track are exercise stations (for those who have been to Korea, it reminds us of Korean parks). There are like 20 or so stations to different body weight exercises. It has a HUGE grassy area for the girls to run and play in! We even ran into some other friends while we were there...ahhh, the fun things about living in a small town. The girls loved the pull up bars, they would climb up and swing! Cali is one tough baby, she can swing for 2 minutes without loosing her grasp! Melisa was amazing me. There was a slanted bar that starts out at five feet and gradually goes to 9 feet high. She shimmied across it and got all the way to the 9 foot mark! I was IMPRESSED! My girls are tough cookies! I walked a mile (while carrying Cali on my shoulders) and played on some of the exercise stations with the girls. It was a fun night and we stayed out WAY too late. We didn't get home until 10 pm (oh wow, that statement makes me sound OLD!).

I love Saturdays like this! There is so much fun to be had as a family! I hope all of you had a fun day today too

Tomorrow we will go to church then say good-bye to Daddy for the week. He is going to Atlanta for a week of ropes course training (I'm jealous...but I have already been to similar training).

Well, the bed is calling my name! I am sure I will be back to blog some more soon...I am waiting for people to get bored with my re-telling of my days and stop reading! I may not get comments, but the stat counter keeps going up, so I know there is someone out there reading. Anyway, if you made it this far, thanks! Now, I am off to bed!

  posted at 9:45 PM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

We saw the new Shrek movie last weekend, too and loved it!!!

I know I don't comment much but wanted you to know that we really enjoy reading regularly.

Blessings!!!
~Mary Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter