Friday, June 01, 2007
Always an Adventure
I am sorry I have been MIA again. Tuesday my grandparents drove in for a visit and we have been busy spending some good time with them. For those of you who live close to your family, don't take it for granted. We are about a 10 hour drive from family now and it feels like we live next door compared to our time in South Korea. We have been here about 4 months now and we have already had 4 people come and visit with us! It is such an amazing blessing to have family stop by for a few days without it taking a ton of planning. The girls are eating up all this family time and I must admit that I am loving it too! Sorry, I didn't mean to get off on that tangent.

Wednesday we took Granny and Papa to gymnastics with us. Granny took TONS of pictures of the girls in action and I will share them soon! In between gym classes we ate lunch at home, watched a movie, and then went on an Antique shop hunt...with no luck. It ended up being a fun and entertaining ride because we saw a sign for ANTIQUES and we folled it to another sign, turned and followed it to another sign, and another, AND another. THEN, when we got there we found out it was only an Antique Auction. We were in the middle of no where and couldn't buy a single thing! OH WELL! It was ALL worth it to hear Granny get tickled and laugh and laugh! It was contagious and before we knew it we were all laughing so hard the tears were flowing.

Today we headed out unsure of where we were going to end up. After a few errands, we ended up at the ZOO! We spent 2 hours walking around the zoo looking at all the animals and then took a train ride around the property of the zoo. I will have pictures from the Zoo soon! After the zoo, we headed for a quick lunch at a great Deli place (Sweet Peppers) and then headed to the mall. We hit Dillards and Granny bought the girls some cute outfits. :-) I told her she didn't have to, but she couldn't resist!

While at Dillards the real adventure started! Cali was trying to run away and I had her hand. When I wouldn't let go, she dropped to the ground and as she did her arm popped and I instantly knew we were in trouble! She instantly started screaming and grabbed her left arm with her right hand. At this point she wouldn't move it or let me touch it. As long as it was still and I she didn't have to move it, she was ok. The minute I moved it or she bumped it she SCREAMED! It was PITIFUL! Putting her in the carseat was a nightmare! I called Clark and had him call the doctor (the number is saved on the cell phone and he had it today) to ask if we should come into the doctors office or go to the ER. The doctor said he had time to squeeze us in if we could get there in 15 miuntes. So, I FLEW across town and we got there just in time! As we were waiting in the waiting room, Cali saw the fish tank and got excited! She forgot momentarily that she hurt her arm and tried to point for the fish! As she pointed we heard a pop again and she slowly started using it more and more. It seems she had "Nurse Maids Elbow" and popped her elbow slightly out of place but the moved it back in place by the movement she made. We are givin gher tylenol for the soreness and watching to make sure she doesn't start to favor it again. But, we made it out of the office without a trip to the ER...WHEW!! The doctor was AMAZING! I am SO glad we chose him to be our doctor...what a blessing!

Now, we are at home, enjoying a yummy dinner and relaxing with Granny and Papa! They leave tomorrow and we sure are going to miss having them around!

I hope all of you are having a good week!

  posted at 6:11 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter