Thursday, June 14, 2007
Summer Fun
OOPS...I typed this up last night and never signed on to post it.

Summer days are here and for the first time in years my girls are getting to experience what summer days are like for kids here in the US! Misa is missing our trip overseas for mission meeting and she is missing beach ministry, but she is getting to experince summer days that I had when I was growing up and it is fun to watch!

This week has been VBS and Melisa is LOVING it! She has made some new friends, but by far her favorite new friend is Elizabeth! They seem to be joined at the hip! She is loving the bible stories, mission man, music, art time, and outside play time. She comes home and tells me a minute by minute run down of her morning.

Her teachers have bragged about her and tell me that she always adds SO much to the class. She is SO excited about the mission offering that she even gave her tooth fairy money. It is going to buy bibles in an African language to send to missionaries. She remembers us getting all the Korean bibles and how many we gave out and she just wants to help. I am SOO proud of her. She has been doing extra chores at home to get change for the offering. She has given over $5.00 (and that is a lot for a 7 year old).

Today was our third day in a row where it got over 100 degrees. SO, I broke down and bought the blow up swimming pool from Walgreens. Let me tell you it is HUGE and was relatively cheap! It is as long and wide as our kitchen! Now, our kitchen isn't HUGE but it isn't the smallest kitchen we have had either. After VBS we spent the afternoon playing in the new pool, splashing each other, and squirting each other with the hose.

This evening VBS had a carnival night and we had a blast. There were games, cotton candy, snow cones, moon walks, and all kinds of fun! Melisa went early dressed proudly in her Gators cheer uniform Papa got her to learn some cheers from some of the USM cheerleaders. She learned two cheers and watched the USM cheerleaders do some really cool stunts. Then at 5:30 she got to go on stage and perform the cheers with the group. It was SUPER cute. I had to say I was proud that my blue and orange girlie was up there in the middle of all that black and gold, LOL! Cali went crazy over the moon walks and cried when it was time to leave.

One of her friends is going to be coming over to play next week and we are looking at some other fun things to do...a picnic to the park, another trip to the zoo, a membership to the Y so we can go swimming in the big pool. Summer days are here and we are making the most of every day.

In 2 weeks we will move back into that mission mind set though as we are on the staff of Camp W. Carey. We will move into the dorms and Melisa will become a "proffessional camper" LOL! Cali will be my little side kick and I will probably be MIA around here for a while.

Anyway, keep up the prayers. We are feeling them and still making some major decissions about the coming months. We appreciate all the letters of encouragment...God has blessed me with some great friends!

  posted at 9:40 AM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Mishel said...

Don't ya' just love the slower days of summer?! Although it seems you've been busy--but it's a good kind of busy.

I read your post about possibly teaching at the Korean church and I am praying for you guys--as well as for the other decisions you need to make. May the Lord lead you and guide you! : ) And thank you too, for your prayers regarding my surgery and recovery. I'm thankful to be getting better each day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter