Saturday, June 16, 2007
It Doesn't Seem Possible
OOPS, I did it again! I typed this out and never came to post it! GRRR, I am just going to have to start posting them as soon as I type them!

It Doesn't Seem Possible!
Current mood: peaceful


Oh my! I can't believe I just ordered 3rd grade homeschool materials!! We have officially been at this homeschooling thing since P-4...that means we are about to start our FIFTH year!! It also means that we are heading on the downhill slope of elementary school now! We are officially half way through elementary school! Time has flown by and I don't want to think about how fast this next year or even next 3 years will fly!

I remember teaching her the alphabet and her numbers. I remember saying A says "ah, ah, ah, ah" with her over and over again! Now she can read pretty much anything put in front of her and she is adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing! It is amazing to think about how far she has come. Her penmenship is almost better than mine and she is more creative than I could have ever imagined. Being able to have this front row seat to watch her develop, learn and grow! I got to experience each first and new accomplishment! The excitement of reading her first chapter book and writing her first story. We may not have gotten even close to rich in the last 4 years but I wouldn't trade a minute of our homeschool days for all the money in the world! Each and every day has been a gift from God and is now a treasure I hold in my heart.

On a side note, I wanted to say this was not written to say that I think homeschool is the only or best way to go. It is just what God called our family to. It is also not me trying to justify or explain why I homeschool, it is just me counting my blessings and remembering all of the awesome days we have had! Don't get me wrong there are days when Melisa won't concentrate and I am at my wits end, but the good days out weigh those bad days 100 to 1 and I wouldn't trade them for anything!

  posted at 10:18 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter