Sunday, September 03, 2006
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOUUU!!!
That is me singing in my most beautiful (which isn't all that beautiful after all) voice to my dear little blog! I can't believe I have had it for a whole year now. I must say that in the past few months I have finally started taking better care of her by posting more often! I regret that I missed out on all those great blogging moments in the beginning.

Well, here is my story of the day for my blogs birthday!

It has been a rough few weeks! My dear husband herniated a disc in his neck and has been in physical therapy for the past 2 weeks. It has been eating up 4 hours of his day and making our schedule hectic as we just started school as well. On Friday he was finally released from therapy and given the go ahead to resume all normal activities with a hold on heavy lifting for 1 month. We were SO excited that things were going to get back to normal. AS SOON AS we said the word "normal" my oldest daughter started throwing up! YEP, she had a stomach bug! She hasn't had a stomach bug since she was 18 months old! My poor baby didn't remember what it was like to be sick like that. She was miserable! I felt SO bad for her. It made for a LONG 24 hours!

SO, today we were all better. We headed to team worship and then went to some friends house for dinner. As we were getting ready to leave a toy went flying through the air and hit the baby (16 months old) right in the eye! She dropped to the floor crying. I picked her up to make it better when I saw her tears were PINKISH RED! Her eye was bleeding! My heart stopped. I flushed her eye out and got her to calm down enough to see that the white of her eye was scratched! A nice big scratch. I got the bleeding to stop and she nursed a little. She was soon down and running around with the big kids again...laughing, playing, squealing...no more tears! SO, we finally decided to wait and take her to the doctor tomorrow rather thant he ER.

After that excitment we were ready to get home and call it a night. As we drove home we passed a car on the side of the road. It made me do a double take! I just KNEW I had seen 2 people laying out on the shoulder of the road next to the car asleep. My sweet husband didn't believe me, so I lovingly made him turn the car around and see for himself! Sure enough there was a rental car parked on a shoulder of the road. Right next to the car was a Korean floor mat bed called a yo with 2 people sound asleep and covered up. There was even an alarm clock sitting above their heads! I kid you not...I SO wanted to take a picture, but being a Missionary and all I thought that would be kind of rude! Anyway...it was a TOTALLY new one for me! NEVER have I seen a couple asleep on a bed on the side of the road next to their rental car! As our favorite saying goes: ONLY IN KOREA!

It was as if God knew just how stressful the past few weeks had been and he placed these dear people sleeping on the side of the road just to make my night a bit brighter! I don't think I have laughed that hard in ages!!!

  posted at 10:24 AM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Mom2fur said...

Oooh, I know how painful a herniated disc can be! Glad your husband is doing better now!
And Happy Birthday to your Blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter