Saturday, October 28, 2006
Moving Along...
Today was our first weekend day to work on packing and WOW we made a LOT of progress today! With no little boy to baby sit and no homeschooling to be done, we got TONS of work done. I labeled and taped shut all the trunks and boxes I had packed all week while Clark took care of all the things we had put on the porch for recycling. I emptied out the girls closets while Clark continued taking care of recycling...we got rid of a LOT of stuff! I packed all the girls summer clothes for the crate and put their winter clothes in their suite cases. Their closets are completely empty and they are living out of bags now...LOL! I also finished the book case and framed pictures in the living room. We don't have any pictures hanging or set up anymore. It looks SOOO bare it isn't funny! Clark entertained visitors and talked on the phone with people we are trying to get to take some of our stuff! He is a much better salesman than I am! I went through all the magazines and newspapers we have been throwing in the magazine basket in the living room and sent those down with Clark to recycling. To top it all off, we even dusted and vaccumed the living room and school room AND we cleaned the kitchen and guest bathroom! The girls were GREAT and spend most of the day playing together in the school room. Bug is such a GREAT big sister and Bean just adores her!

To make the day EXTRA special we got TWO boxes in the mail. Mommom (my mom) sent a box with the girls Halloween Costumes. We now have a little red headed Lucy Pevensie from the Chronicles of Naria running around our house and the cutest little Flounder from the Little Mermaid that you ever did see! The box also had some YUMMY (but diet ruining) Halloween candy for us to indulge in as well as some other snacks for us to put away until we make the long flight home (snack size gold fish, granola bars, fruit snacks, and more). THANKS MOMMOM AND G-DOUG! The second box was small, but special. Gramps (Clark's Dad) sent us 3 DVDs...the Special Edition Little Mermaid, Over the Hedge, and A Prarie Home Companion Show. We may have to curl up for the next few nights and watch a movie together each night. THANKS GRAMPS AND GRAMMY! Every time we get boxes, it feels like Christmas! :-)

Tomorrow is Sunday, our Sabath, and we are going to rest. We will start out the morning with french toast and family worship. At noon we have one more person coming to look at our propane gas grill to possibly buy it. Then in the afternoon we are heading to the movies for the first time in a LONG time...don't know what we are going to see, but we are going to see SOMETHING! Then we may head outside to a park to let the girls let loose and have some fun playing. It should be a relaxing Sunday.

Well, it is after midnight, the girls are sleeping, and I need to get some rest as well. So, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I will be back soon!

  posted at 9:28 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter