Monday, March 12, 2007
Craziness Reigns
Yes, craziness reigns in our life! But, I am not here to complain about it, just report on it. I feel very blessed this morning for all the craziness that God allows me to have a part in!

Today is the first day of Spring Break at the school. However, us staff members have to work Monday and Tuesday of break, and work we will! We were trying to plan a trip to the aquarium in New Orleans because many students had talked about how they had never been to a US aquarium. Unfortunately we couldn't get 10 people to confirm, so we had to cancel. We did offer dinner at our house for those who had been looking forward to the aquarium. We were sad when no one called back and said they were coming. We figured it was going to be a quiet Monday. However, this morning at 8:15 the phone rang and it was one of our students letting me know that she had been talking to the other Students last night and 10 of them were wanting to take us up on the offer for dinner!

YIKES!!! TEN people over for dinner with only a few hours notice. I could have said that it had been called off. I could have stressed and said they could come but allowed the stress to make me distant. But, I chose to be excited about the opportunity to have these 10 precious students into our house tonight! I know that this is only possible because of the time I spent with the Lord this morning. You see, my first reaction was my own. It was to say "NO WAY!" But praise the Lord, I had sat before His feet this morning and He had taught me once again that to delight in Him meant finding HIS will and joining in Him! That when I delight in Him, His desires become MY desires! His desire today is to see these students enjoy fellowship in our home and it is my desire as well. Praise the Lord that He will make our desires the same as His because in all honesty my first "desire" was to run and hide under the covers! God is SOOO good!

In addition to getting things ready for the party of 10 tonight, Melisa and I have to do school work and I have to pack because tomorrow afternoon we are heading home to FL. Today is going to be a whirlwind of activity and yes craziness!

Well, what am I doing sitting here typing about it, there is work to be done! I am off!

  posted at 8:52 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter