Saturday, March 03, 2007
Fortyeight
That is the number of boxes that arrived in the crate about 8 days ago. I am not talking about 48 small or even medium sized boxes. We are talking abotu 48 trunk size boxes!!!

I am sorry I have been missing in action for the last week or so, but the 48 boxes mentioned abve have consumed my free time. I am happy to say that there is an end in sight now! I don't know if you remember me complaining about how the Korean movers repacked all of my boxes at first and then finally started wrapping my rubbermaids in their boxes/cardboard. Well, I am very happy to say that as of today, all 48 of their boxes have been unpacked. I still have some of my suitecases and rubbermaids that were inside those boxes to unpack. Mostly clothes and books, but I am ALMOST done! Clark will take a lot of our books up to the office at the school on Monday and I will work on finding a place for the clothes tonight and tomorrow and then we should be on the home stretch! I can't believe that we have ALL of our belongings under one roof again after more than FIVE years!!!! It feels SO good!

I do still have 10 to 15 boxes from the first move to unpack or at least sort and put up in the attic, but once the FORTYEIGHT are unpacked what is 10 or 15 small boxes, right? I was SO overwhelemed the day that we began unloading the moving van with the crate boxes. I never thought I would see an end in sight, especially not in a short 8 days!

It hasn't been ALL good. Some of my hand crafted dishes from KyungJu were shattered as well as some of our Starbucks Mugs from around the world. I even lost 2 tea pots and 3 tea cups. I have shed some tears over my lost treasures, but I am recovered and know that things happen and life goes on. It really was a minimal loss compared to all the things that we shipped home!
On a total random note, I need to mention how much we love our landlord. On Thursday our sink backed up and started leaking. YIKES! We called our landlord and he came over Thursday night and fixed the leak and back up but noticed the water had backed into the dishwasher. He came back this morning to fix the dishwasher and when it couldn't be fixed, they ran out and bought a brand new dishwasher! It is WONDERFUL! They are such a blessing to us! While he and Clark worked on the dishwasher, their son played with the girls in the back yard and his wife and I had a good visit. It was a nice Saturday morning. God has truly blessed us with a great place to live.

On another totally random subject, we rented 2 movies last night. Super Size Me made me NEVER want to put fast food or soda into my body or my girls bodies again! OH MY WORD!! His body was completely shutting down! I can't imagine. I know I wouldn't eat McD's 3 times a day for 30 days, but if it did that to his body what does it do to mine each time I eat it...YUCK!! It was just the kick we needed to get back into eating healthier again!

We also rented the Illusionist and just finished watching it! What an AWESOME movie! If you haven't seen it, you should. Next weekend (if it is in at the store) we are going to rent The Prestige. We have been wanting to see it since we saw the preview, but we missed it in Jeju!

When we were walking around Blockbuster last night I felt so overwhelmed and had a wave of reverse culture shock. There were SO many movies I had never even heard of in the New Release section! Does anyone have any favorite movies that you recomend us seeing? We have SOOO much catching up to do!

Well, I really need to get back to putting up all the clothes that came in the crate. I just thought I would stop in and ramble for a bit. Thanks for putting up with my boring rambles!!

  posted at 7:55 PM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 9:51 PM, Blogger weavermom said...

I found your site through Christian Women Online random button. :) I used to work in a mission home office, so I have really enjoyed reading about your journey.

I can't think of a movie I've really enjoyed to the point of recommending lately (unless Curious George & Cars count! ;) ) I find so many movies are just not worth the time! But, I do have a site I love that does reviews based on the "facts" of the movie - how many curse words, for example. It's designed for kids, but I find it helps me decide if the movie is worth MY time. :) http://www.kids-in-mind.com/

HTH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter