Tuesday, February 13, 2007
And We Have Lift Off
The Global Education Department of William Carey University has officially lifted off and it was a GREAT success! Clark and I have officially been at William Carey for 2 weeks. The first week was nothing but paper work...YUCK! The second week was a LOT more fun! We spent the week calling and meeting all the International Students. We have 39 students from all over the world and we are enjoying getting to know them!

Last night at 6:15 we had 2 vans and our car waiting in front of the Dinning Hall on campus. 24 of our students showed up...WOW! Most of the others were traveling (this week is trimester break). We drove out to the Mall and ate dinner at Garfields. The students are too much fun...we love them already! While we ate we visited and got to know everyone. We discovered that this was the first time an event had been held to gather all the International Students together in one place at the same time. We also learned that the cafeteria food leaves a LOT to be desired, so dinner out was a NICE treat...LOL! Most importantly we were able to get some good ideas of what the International Students need and what they would like to see happen. We can't wait to see where God is going to take this new program!

We have invited 8 students at a time over to our house each night this week so that we can get to know them in smaller groups. It was short notice, so I don't know how many takers we will have, but I hope to be able to report back that we have had some wonderful evenings of fellowship with the students.

Please lift up these 39 International Students. Pray that we will have wisdom and discernment in creating a program to help them as the continue to adjust to life in America. Pray that we would develop good relationships with each student! Pray that God would bring many more International Students to William Carey. I will be sure to keep you updated on how the new job is going!

  posted at 4:09 PM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Mishel said...

Hi Michelle! I haven't commented in a while, but just wanted to say it's exciting to hear what the Lord is doing in your family's life since you have been back. I haven't had chance to catch up with every post, but I am looking forward to reading over the next few days. Your house is *very* cute and I especially like the red couches...red is my favorite color. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter