Sunday, February 18, 2007
Happy Lunar New Year...
...aka Chinese New Year! Today we took a step back into Korea without taking the long flight over the Big Pond! We visited the Korean church in town. As we stepped in the doors of the church it was like we had been beamed back to Korea. The inside of the church was identical to every single Korean church we stepped foot in, in Korea. It was like going home!

Our neighbors joined us and it was exciting to share Korean culture with them! The church even provided us with ear pieces that sent a complete translation of the service into English in our ears. Talk about awesome! We were able to understand the entire sermon and get a taste of "home"! The Halmonies (grandma's) pinched the girls cheeks and loved on them. They nicknames Cali "little Jeju" and wanted to hear all of Melisa's Korean!

After the service we walked across the street and enjoyed a DELICIOUS traditional Korean New Years lunch! YUM, YUM, YUM!!! After being in the states for 2 + months, some traditional Korean food hit the spot...not to mention all of those sweet Korean faces and those wonderful welcoming smiles! I REEALLY felt like I had gone back "home"! I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate Lunar New Years than with the people who introduced it to me back in 2003! I only wish I would have taken some pictures!

  posted at 9:07 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter