Wednesday, February 21, 2007
The Beginning of the Last
Today is the first day of my last year in my twenties. That is right, I turned 29 years old today. And just in case I wanted to forget my family would have NONE of that. As my alarm clock went off Melisa and Clark came to my bedside and sang Happy Birthday and gave me good morning kisses. Then I hit snooze and tried to forget it was time to get up! Unfortunately, the snooze only lasted 5 more minutes and the clock reminded me it was time to get up again. So, I drug my 29 year old tail out of bed. As I was doing this the phone rang and it was my Dear Ole' Dad calling to sing me Happy Birthday and remind me that I was only a year from 30 now...LOL! Thanks Dad...I needed that reminder!

Today was a bit crazy...just like Valentine's Day. We drove Daddy to work and then headed to Cali's gymnastics. Only today we ran errands on the way to gym. We stopped by the bank and deposited some checks and then headed to gym but got side tracked with the Krispy Cream Donut Shop...it's my birthday, I'm allowed to splurge! The girls and I enjoyed Donut Holes for breakfast before Cali's class.

We finally made it to Cali's gymnastics class and had a BLAST doing it. Cali got to jump on the trampoline today and walk on the balance beam again. Then she got to hang from a bar and do a glip! She was just the cutest thing EVER!!! After Cali's class, we headed home and Melisa and I dove into school. We finished in record time today. We didn't start until 11:15 then we took an hour long lunch break (more about that in a minute) and STILL finished by 2:45!! We did a full day of work in under 3 hours! WHOOOHOOOO!! What a birthday present! AND Melisa made a 99 A on her Phonics test!!! As if ALL that wasn't good enough, we got a box from FL with Valentine's presents and birthday presents from family. It was TOO sweet and I can't wait to go spend all my gift Cards...THANKS EVERYONE!!!

During lunch break we were excited to see an 18 wheeler pull up infront of our house...it was the girls bunk beds! Now I just have to take an afternoon or two and put them together. I am SOOO excited that we can get the girls off the air matresses!!! YAY!!! Pictures of their room will be coming soon!

At 4:00 we loaded back up in the car and headed to the gym again for Melisa's gymnastics class! Melisa LOVED her class again and had fun working on all the equipment. I was so proud of my girlie, she looks SO great out there! I can't wait for parents day where I can go in and get some pictures of her...no parents are allowed in the gym...grrrr!!!!

When gym was over, we headed back up to the University and picked Clark up from work. He had an awesome day up at the school with the first meeting of the International Student Organization. They voted in officers and brain stormed ideas for projects and events. It is SO exciting to see the kick off of the club...YAY!!! I only wish I could have been up there for the meeting!

Now, we are enjoyng a quiet evening at home with pizza and cake. I have the night off and am enjoying cuddling with my 3 favorite people, watching TV, and eating YUMMY American food! LOL! This weekend Clark will be taking me out while we have a baby sitter watch the girls...it will be the first time we have gone out alone on a date since Cali was born!!!! I can't wait, it is the best birthday present a girl could get! I can't wait!!!!

Thanks everyone for the sweet birthday wishes on MySpace! Love you all!!!!

SO, back to the point of this post. It is my LAST year in my twenties. I want to make the most of this year and get my priorities straight. I want to spend every minute living for the Lord and enjoying the family and friends He has blessed me with. Next year when I turn 30 I will be able to look back over my twenties and know that they were awesome and look ahead to 10 more years of fun and adventures with those I love the most while serving my Master and Creator!

  posted at 8:31 PM
  Comments (4)


4 Comments:
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Michelle. I am sorry I missed this yesterday. I did wish you a happy birthday early though on our board last month, lol :) Sounds like a wonderful, but busy birthday. I hope you have a wonderful date, what a great gift.

Can't wait to see pictures of the rooms as you put them together. The rest of your house looks beautiful, great job.

I have really been trying to get my prioritoes straight as well, living for what is important and really cherishing each day.

Many blessings, happy birthday. Lots of love, Keri

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger The Garner 5 said...

Michele,

Hope you had a happy birthday & your date is just perfect! Enjoy your time alone as a couple. because that is important too.

Don't fret too much about being 29. I passed that a few years ago and it really is just a number.
Just LIVE, LOVE & LAUGH each day and you will be fine.

Looks like you all are getting settled and making a great home for yourselves.
Hope to talk to you all soon~

Much Love,
Joy

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger The Garner 5 said...

MICHELLE~sorry I spelled MICHELLE , MICHELE.. That is how my best friend spells her name and it is habit~

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Mishel said...

Happy belated Birthday!! Sounds like you had a good day. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter