Thursday, February 08, 2007
A Day in the Trees
I have been meaning to post about this for a few days but things keep getting in the way of me getting on-line. Saturday was a fun day for us. We got to help a professor from the University who was teaching an Adventure Based Counseling Class. She was taking them through the ropes course and needed some people to work the course.

We woke up early Saturday morning and headed to Challenge Country. It was a COLD morning, so we bundled up...layers upon layers...it felt like we were in Korea again! We even had to pull out the hats, mittens and scarves. BRRRRR! It was worth it though because we had tons of fun! Melisa and Clark went with one group through the low ropes and I helped lead another group through the low ropes. Cali went back and forth between our groups. Melisa was able to jump in and join the grad students on the low ropes and had a blast doing it! I think she had better balance than some of them! Cali was a trouper hanging out in the cold. We spent the morning doing the low tension, the muse, the swinging log, and the nitro. By the time we finished all of that it was lunch time and we were all ready to warm up some! We had pizza and salad then headed back out.

We hit the low/high ropes next and Melisa was the only one to do them. It is a ropes course designed for younger kids and Melisa did great on them! She was a touper and ate up all eyes being on her. Clark walked her through them showing the students how you could work one on one with a young child on a low/high ropes. She got to end the course on a zip line! I must admit I was jealous...LOL! She had so much fun and did an awesome job!

It was off to the high ropes next. Clark belayed one element (not sure what he was on) and I was over belaying the Islands in the Sky. While I was waiting for the next person to start my element, Melisa came running up (still harnessed up) and asked if she could do one of the high elements. I had her ask Mr. Gibbs (the man who owns the course) and after his approval she headed up! She ended up doing EVERY element but one on the high ropes. She got scared twice BUT pushed on and finished each element! I was SOOOO proud of her! She is FEARLESS! The only element she didn't do wasn't for lack of trying...there wasn't a 3rd degree harness that fit her, so she couldn't head up. Cali was a trouper too. She let the grad students pass her from arms to arms and even took an hour or so nap with them! Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of Melisa on the high ropes because I was belaying, but I got TONS of her on the low/high ropes! :-)

It was a fun day hanging out in the trees...I hope we get to do it often! Enjoy the pictures....


| View Show | Create Your Own

  posted at 2:00 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter