Wednesday, May 16, 2007
The Inevitable!
The Inevitable
Current mood: drained


OH MY WORD! How terribly embarassing! If you read this last night or early this morning, PLEASE forgive my awfyl spelling of the main word in this blog. I have since corrected it. It will teach me to blog at 1:00 am when I have a sinus headache and have taken Tylenol PM! YIKES!!!!! I am embarassed, please don't think I am as dumb as that mistake would have made me look!

It ALWAYS seems to happen! No matter how much you don't want it to or try to stop it, the inevitable ALWAYS happens! Well, as I think of this week, I must say it has been FULL of the inevitable!

You know what I mean, don't you! It's all about the small things. What about when you manage to turn off your alarm clock in your sleep every morning for a week and miss working out! Or even better, there is that time that you have the company Exon card to get gas and are almost on empty. You pass 15 to 20 exits, never see a single exon, the gas light comes on, so you stop at the next exit with NO Exon only to find FIVE exits in a row after that with Exons!! Then there is that glass of water that just has to be spilled daily so your towels don't feel unwanted! And what about that pen/pencil that disappears everytime you need one! You can't forget that wrong turn you make everytime you are running late but almost there! Oh yeah, we have to remember about the phone ringing every time you are walking out the door! Then there is the day that your child can spell well enough that you can't spell words to keep secrets from them anymore! We must mention that you run out of laudnry detergent just in time for your LAST load of laundry! Remember that the ONE time in 100 that you forget to bring a diaper in wipes your munchkin will get a dirty diaper! That every time you clean your car or vaccum your house your children will spill something or get crumbs all over the place within 5 minutes. If you spend 2 hours washing your car it will rain within 15 minutes of completion! As soon as you get the kids down for a nap the phone will ring, you won't be able to find it and they will wake up just in time for you to find it was a sales person! My favorite is when you start the week talking about how calm and slow it is going to be for a change and then you blink and you are running around for the full week like a chicken with your head cut off! I could go on and on all night listing the "unevitables" from this week alone...but I won't bore you!

Like I said, it is the little things that ALWAYS happen! No matter how much you would like to get away from them, they follow you and insist on making the easy things just a tad more difficult! Let's face it, the inevitable is here to stay!!

Many of you may remember that I bought bunk beds for the girls a few months ago. I was overjoyed to discover that Cali could not climb to the top bunk. The unevitable has happened. Tonight I walked into the bedroom to see her little bottom wiggle over the top rung all by herslef! She sat up, grinned as big as she could and said "I up!" Now, I am constantly running into their bedroom worried sick that a broken arm or leg, or a set of stitches is in our near future! It's the inevitable! There is no way I could keep her from learning...it was only time! As worried as I am now, I must admit that "I up" was the cutest sound I have ever heard!

Another "inevitable" is that babies don't stay babies forever. Each and every day our little ones grow and change. They learn something new and if you take the time to watch them they will awe you all over again! Today, was a big reminder of how much my "baby" isn't really a baby anymore. She said "I Love You!" as clear as day. She said each work individually. She also said "Sissy" (what we are having her call Misa) as clear as day! Two new big phrases/words in one day! It doesn't get much better than that! She may be getting bigger every day, but hearing her say "I Love You" and knowing it is just the first of thousands of times she will say it means the world to me because I love her too!

So, we all know it, the inevitable will ALWAYS happen! No matter what we do or say, we can't stop it! All we can do is ride the wave that is sends along on while clinging to our life raft (our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ). We can choose to let these waves bring us down and affect our attitudes or we can make the best of them. I am preaching to myself! I must praise Him in ALL, not just the thing I want. God has a reason for EVERYTHING, even the inevitable!

  posted at 11:18 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter