Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Graduation and Mother's Day...What a Weekend!
I wrote this up on Sunday and forgot to post it...SORRY!

Graduation and Mother's Day, What a Weekend!
Current mood: grateful


Once again I have been MIA because of the craziness that is life. This week was finals and checkout at the University. Many of our International Students were flying home. We made 2 trips to New Orleans, one trip to Jackson, and one trip to Gulf Port this week. We still have another trip to New Orleans and another trip to Jackson awaiting us. Don't think I am complaining at all about the trips. They are SO much fun! Our students are great and I enjoy getting to visit with them on the drives. It just makes for some busy weeks.

Well, yesterday was graduation. We had EIGHT International Students graduate as well as a lot of other students we have gotten to know well. There was one ceremony at 9:30 am where we saw 2 our students graduate and then a second ceremony at 1:00 pm where we saw 6 more of our students graduate. I must say I was more than proud! We have gotten to know and love all of these students and to see them walk across the stage and get their diploma's was awesome! It was bitter sweet though, because when we saw them graduate it meant we were loosing them as students! We will miss them ALL!

Today is Mother's Day! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you Mommy's out there! I have had an extra special day! My sweet Hubby and wonderful 7 year old woke up and made me breakfast. I had scrambled eggs, toast and some fruit and veggies. Melisa was SO proud of herself for making it and it made a Mommy's heart happy! After that yummy breakfast we got ready for church and visited a new church. We really liked it and think we will go back next week.

After church we rushed home for a quick lunch and dusted/vaccumed really fast. Then it was off to the University to pick up three of our students who were coming to babysit for us. They couldn't decide who wanted to come and who wanted to stay so we had 3 students to watch our 2 girls, LOL! They were well taken care of! My Mother's Day present was tickets to see Cat's performed by the Civic Opera here in town. It was SO much fun to go on an afternoon date with my hubby! It was a great show and we had an awesome time. What a treat!

Now we are home enjoying popcorn and a Disney movie. The students are still hanging out and Cali is napping. It is such a relaxing afternoon/evening.

I love being a Mommy and a wife. I am so blessed to have an amazing Mother and Grandmother! There is no better day than today to think about the blessings that God has given me pertaining to mother's! I never knew I was going to love being a Mommy as much as I do. What an honor it is that God gave me Melisa and Cali to take care of for Him! I get to watch them grow and learn every day! I get to teach them HIS word! I get to hold them when they are sick and hurt. I get to celebrate accomplishments with them! I LOVE every part of being a Mommy! How blessed I am to have a mother who loves and supports me in all I do. I have a mother who has become more than just a mom, but a friend also. I have a mother who is there for me when I am hurt and celebrates with me when I have accomplishments. I love being a daughter. I love having a day to celebrate my mom! I love Mother's Day! :-)

  posted at 11:17 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter