Tuesday, September 25, 2007
The Good Napkins
I will give you a warning...guys this is a joke meant for my girl readers. Abort reading if you are embarassed easily! ;-)

I don't normally post jokes and forwards in my blog, but my mom sent this one to me today. I have never read this one before and as a mom of two girls who are always wanting to "help" I could SOOOO see one or both of them doing this! ENJOY!!

Ahhhhh...the joys of having girls. My mother taught me to read when Iwas four years old (her first mistake). One day, I was in the bathroomand noticed one of the cabinet doors was ajar.I read the box in the cabinet. I then asked my mother why she waskeeping 'napkins' in the bathroom. Didn't they belong in the kitchen?Not wanting to burden me with unnecessary facts, she told me that thosewere for "special occasions" (her second mistake)..

Now fast forward a few months....It's Thanksgiving Day, and my folksare leaving to pick up my uncle and his wife for dinner. Mom hadassignments for all of us while they were gone. Mine was to set thetable.When they returned, my uncle came in first and immediately burst intolaughter. Next came his wife who gasped, thenbegan giggling. Next came my father, who roared with laughter.

ThencameMom, who almost died of embarrassment when she saw each place setting onthe table with a "special occasion" Kotex napkin at each plate, with thefork carefully arranged on top. I had even tucked the little tails in sothey didn't hang off the edge!!My mother asked me why I used these and, of course, my response sentthe other adults into further fits of laughter."But, Mom, you said they were for special occasions!!!"Pass this on to your girlfriends who need a good laugh or anyone whohas a daughter!

Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive quickly.

"Let not your heart be troubled .."

  posted at 11:24 AM
  Comments (1)


1 Comments:
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

ROFL!!! Several years ago, I took care of two preschool age brothers. They got into the "personal items" one day and brought one to me one day asking what it was. The first thing that came to my mind was "a pillow". I don't know why, but it was the best thing at the moment!!!! Later I heard them telling my sister about the "mouse pillows" they had found.... I had a lot of explaining to do! hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter