Sunday, September 16, 2007
So NOT My Day!
Have you ever had a day that when you woke up and even before you got out of bed you just wished you could go back to bed? Well, for some reason I just KNEW today was one of those days. Nothing really happened early on, I could just sense it was coming! All day long I just longed to climb back in the bed knowing something was to come.

We taught Sunday School at the Korean church today and even got out of eating lunch (which doesn't happen often). So, it was a decent start. We got home and ate lunch and did some laundry and cleaning. Then we packed up a few bags of some of our "stuff" from Korea. My dolls, tea set, hanboks, chopsticks, bowls, books, ducks, and so on. Then, we headed to a local church to speak to a G.A./Acteens group and then do a sketch during their church service. It went really well and the sermon was amazing. The people were so friendly and amazingly welcoming. Cali even went in their nursery without looking back (which is amazing since I normally think I am going to have to cut off my leg and leave it with her when we drop her off).

So, you are probably asking what was so bad. We still haven't gotten there. I was sure that my feeling of dread I have had all day was wrong and I was just tired and worn down. But, then it happened...we were walking back out to the car and the box broke and my favorite Korean tea set came tumbling out to the ground. The tea set that Clark bought for me as a birthday present that I shopped the entire country of Korea until I found the perfect one. It shattered and then I shattered. I sat in the car feeling down right silly and cried and cried.

The church was very nice to us and gave us some money to go out to dinner on, so we headed to a restaurant (Applebees) to try to get my mind off the shattered tea set. I excused myself to use the restroom and wash my hands. Well, as I was pulling off some toilet paper the entire plastic cover and a brand new roll (we are talking huge and heavy industrial style) came flying off the wall and nailed me on the bridge of the nose. My nose immediately turned bright red and the bridge swelled up. My head was throbbing. As soon as I got to the table Clark took one look at my swollen face and asked what happened. It looks like I got in a fight. GRRRR!

So, there you have it. I now know why I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I just had to wait for it to hit. As soon as I am done typing this I am heading to that bed I have been wanting to climb back into all day and hope that tomorrow I wake up ready to go!

  posted at 9:23 PM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter