Thursday, September 06, 2007
Potty Training, Day 1
****THIS IS A MOM KIND OF POST...GUYS NOT WANTING TO READ ABOUT DAIPERS, DIAPER RASH, AND POTTY TRAINING ABORT NOW, LOL****

So, I have known it was time to potty train Cali for a while now, but I have not been ready to commit to it, LOL...what a bad Mommy! Well, for the last few days she has had an awful diaper rash. She is 2 years and 5 months old and has NEVER had diaper rash, much less a red bottom at all. When I noticed it a few days ago I went out and bought some rash ointment. I made sure I checked her diaper every hour or 2 and changed it if it was the slightest bit wet and applied more ointment. However, it has been getting worse and worse. I have tried 3 times of ointment and last night it was actually starting to have places where the skin was breaking. It broke my heart. She kept pulling at her diaper and crying. I went out and bought some Baby Golds Bond Powder and she finally went to sleep last night. However, it is still bad this morning and she does not want to put a diaper on.

So, I decided to bite the bullet and put big girl panties on her. She is SOOO happy about them. Between the powder and the panties her bottom doesn't seem as irritated, so maybe it will work. I keep taking her to the potty every 30 minutes or so to keep from having accidents. She did have a small accident but stopped herself and finished in the potty. Maybe we are off to a good start.

I wasn't planning on starting this today, but I guess now is better than never. We will see how it goes! I just hope the rash clears up...it is awful and she is pitiful!

  posted at 9:29 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter