Monday, September 10, 2007
My Kind Of Weekend
WOW, we had an entire weekend with NO plans! It was wonderful and relaxing...I really hated to see Monday morning roll around after all that down time!

Friday evening Clark suprised us by showing up at the house at 4:45 to pick us up. He rushed us in the car and took us back up to the school to watch our soccer playing international students. We have about 10 that are on the soccer team and love to get up to cheer them on. They lost by one goal, but had a lot of fun cheering for them. Melisa and Cali played on the practice feeled with some other kids. As we made our way back to the car after the game we got stopped at least 50 times by students who wanted to see Melisa and Cali....I think they are becoming shcool mascotts!

After the game we headed to a great Mexican place near our house and had dinner out. We have not gone to a sit down restaurant as a family since the beginning of June! It was nice to sit, eat and talk! :-)

Saturday morning we slept in and then enjoyed a lazy morning around the house. We exercies, cleaned a little, did a little yard work, washed the car, and played a lot! Saturday afternoon we headed to an exercise park that the girls love. It has a walking track with two paths and all kinds of fun exercise equipment to stop and play on (pull up bars, rope climbs, monkey bars, squat boxes, balance beams, and so on. We brought Chin Goo and walked over a mile and played for a few hours. When the mosquitos started biting, we headed home to order pizza and watch a movie. :-)

Sunday, we went to church then came home and ate a quick lunch. Then we headed out on a swan hunt. You see about a year ago an organization in town did a big fundraiser. They sold large...5 foot swans that were plan white and told everyone who bought one to paint it to represent their organization/company or our community. Then they had the festival of the swans last winter and put them all on display. It was really cool..but I forgot to bring my camera. Now, all the swans are on display outside the company or organization who painted it. So, we drove around town stopping at swans to take pictures with them. :-) It is fun to see the neat designs!

After the swan hunt we went to Boarders (or as Cali calls it the "Choo Train 'Tore). We spent 2 hours sitting at the bookstore looking at books and letting Cali play with the big "Choo Train". Ahhh, relaxing. We finally ended the weekend last night with dinner at home and a few rounds of hide and go seek before bed time. Let me tell you though...there aren't many places in our little house that i can hide without being spotted very easily! I learned REALLY fast why it is a KIDS game, LOL!

Well, as much as I like to think about all the fun and relaxation we had this weekend...the house is growing dust bunnies that will threaten to eat my children if I don't clean today and laundry is piled up to the point that if I don't do laundry I'm not sure what we will wear tomorrow! Then there is school waiting and bills I need to pay today. SO, I don't need to sit here typing, I need to get busy!

I hope you all enjoyed a fun weekend and have a better than usual Monday! :-P

  posted at 8:27 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter