Friday, December 12, 2008
It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas
It's Friday and this is the first time since Monday that I have had a chance to sit down at the computer long enough to come write on the ole' blog. This week has kicked off the Christmas Season with a week of going nonstop!

Monday - As you all read in my last blog, Clark got the results to his State Fire Exam and PASSED! Then he started his first day of work in a seasonal position at UPS. Yep, bless his heart, he is wearing BROWN to help our family out until he gets hired on to a fire department.

Tuesday - I had a meeting at the school to officially sign my contract. It is official, as of Jan. 5th I am a middle school English teacher. I will have one 6th grade class, two 7th grade classes, and two 8th grade classes. Melisa also got her uniforms for school. I can't believe my "baby" will be in a "real" school for the first time in 7 years! I am going to miss homeschooling but it is awesome to see her so excited! By the time we were all home from work we headed out to pickout the perfect Christmas Tree. :-) Our eyes were bigger than the living room and we had to do some trimming, but it is a BEAUTIFUL tree!

Wednesday - We spent the morning homeschooling and in between every subject we were baking cookies for Melisa's GA Hotchocolate and Cookie party at church. We baked 3 batches (60 cookies total) and ate way too many of those, lol! After work, we headed to the GA room and had an awesome class party. We watched Christmas movies and enjoyed the hotchocolate and cookies. We had enough left over that we went next door and shared them with the RA's! After church, we headed home to decorate the tree standing in our living room! This is the first year Cali has really been able to hang ornaments by herself, so I let her have fun. Our tree had at least 50 ornaments hanging from the bottom two limbs almost touching the floor. Needless to say, I got to REdecorate the tree after the girls went to bed, lol!

Thursday - We woke up bright and early to put the snow village in the bay window. If I do say so myself, it looks too cute. We also put up both of our nativities and a few other decorations. After work we had to rush Melisa to her last ballet class before her Christmas recital. After I dropped her off at the ballet studio (Clark stayed with her) Cali and I headed to Gavin's (my nephew) school Christmas Recital to watch him sing his little heart out. :-) He was too cute.

Friday - We woke up this morning and all this Christmas fun has got my littlest angel under the weather. She has a nasty cough, a runny nose, and is just puny! I don't think she has left my lap longer than 10 minutes. I don't know what this is going to do to our day, but I have a lot of cleaning to do and I am supposed to be going to work later. We have another day of school work to get through and some more decorations to pull out. Not to mention that I haven't bought the FIRST present yet this year! We will just have to take it as it comes today and through the weekend!

I will post pictures of the weeks events sometime this weekend!

  posted at 8:11 AM
  Comments (0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name:
Michelle


I am a working wife and mom who also homeschools. I am blessed beyond measure with a loving husband and two awesome little girls. I am a child of God and live to serve Him. I will be sharing about the adventures He takes me and my precious little family on! :-)

My Complete Profile


Daily Bible Verse

Links
  • Clark's Blog!
  • Peanut's Space
  • Clark's Space
  • Team Jeju BLUE's Home Page
  • My Family Home Page

  • Blogrolls



    Recent Posts

    Search


    Archives

    Miscellaneous

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:


    Site Meter:


    Site Meter